“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Quito
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Very nice hotel, friendly people, very good service, I feel like at home.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Danbury, Ct.
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Le Parc is a beautiful, elegant hotel, with spectacular rooms at a modest price. It is a 12 story glass and chrome tower with only 3 rooms or suites per floor. We were in and out several times between trips to other parts of the country. All of our rooms were spectacular. The furnishings, decorations, and fixtures are ultra modern and beautiful. One suite had 90 degree curve of floor to ceiling glass wrapped around the room. Another had a free standing tub in front of a wall of glass. All rooms had huge beds, lounges, safes, and one or sometimes two HD TV's with a 100+ channels. The views from the upper floors were of the nearby park and out across the more distance mountains.

The common areas were equally beautiful: a simple elegant lobby, a small but sophisticated restaurant, and a roof top bar and open lounge. Reception was simply a glass desk with a flat screen display staffed by very helpful English speaker - usually a very elegantly dressed young woman. They could not have been more helpful. They stored our luggage during our absences, arranged our early trips to airport, found us local restaurants, and booked car and drivers when needed.

All this and the room price, which was very competitive to begin with, included full breakfast, luggage storage, free pick up and drop off at the airport, and reliable Wi-Fi connections.
While a couple of miles north most of the new town hotels, it is in a great location: near Carolina Park, which is safe for walking and jogging, close to shopping centers, the cross town trolleys, good restaurants, and is one of the closest hotels to the airport.

I only wish we had more time there to enjoy our stay there. If this hotel was available in any other city in Europe or the Americas, it would be my first choice for that city also.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We stayed two nights at this hotel...pre and post Galapagos. The hotel was modern and new, but just didn't seem like we were in Ecuador. I felt like the furnishings and design were more New York City or Scandinavia. For me, it was not a fit... I wanted to feel like I was in Ecuador.

The positives: Very clean, nice breakfast, nice views - the higher the better, staff was very cordial and accomodating, L'occataine amenities were a pleasant extra, they served a boxed breakfast if you had an early flight.

The negatives: Very thin walls, under flight path, no business center, not walking distance to any restaurants.

Since this was the hotel booked by the Galapagos tour group, I didn't do any research, but if I were on my own in Quito, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I usually stay at top hotels world wide. I try to remain loyal to the starwood brand, but I have stayed at the St Regis, Four Seasons, Etc etc.

The Parc Hotel is a very very nice hotel. The rooms are amazing, clean, and for the price you can't beat it. I had heard that the Suisse Hotel was just as nice, but thats a chain and the Parc is not.

Don't expect to have amazing food, or have an amazing time outside of your hotel room becasue there is just not a whole lot to do in Quito. Yes Quito is decent, but you are usually only there for a few days as a connection city to the Galapagos.

Overall I give the hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed in Le Parc in April and thought it was absolutely stunning. There is so much attention to detail and the rooms are so comfy. Lots of big soft furnishings and a huge bed! The design is minimilaist chic, but the hotel retains a cosy feel because of the plush pillows and furnishings. I had a bath tub in my room sat in a bay windw that overlooks Quito, heaven! I also loved the Loccitane products in the bathrooms and in the Spa. The little mini bar hidden in a impressive wooden structure behind the door was a nice touch.

The staff were all really helpful in recommending places and giving directions which was helpful. There was a roof terrace which served great cocktails (the Bellini Martini was my favourite) and I loved the little design touches like the human hand holding rose stems coming out of the wall.

I didn't have a chance to eat dinner at the restaurant, but the food smelt really good.

I wanted to splash out before heading off into the jungle and the highlands and this was perfect. I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Vancouver area
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We used Le Parc in Quito as our "home" base as we travelled to Galapagos, the Jungle, Cuenca, etc. At first glance it is very spectacular looking, however, without a great deal of upkeep I am afraid this will not be the place to stay in a short period of time.

The pros: We were picked up and dropped off at the Airport each and every time we came and went, regardless of the hour. The staff involved with this were superb, polite, and even bubbly at 3 a.m.! (Sorry guys).

Anytime we needed a cab to go somewhere there on call person took us for a minimal fee or they negotiated with the cab driver to make sure he understood and that we were getting a good deal

We loved the coffee at breakfast and the one day we needed an early breakfast the men kicked into high gear right before 6 a.m. Simple breakfast, but eggs of your choosing were offered to each of use every single breakfast.

We were able to store extra luggage at the hotel while on our "side trips" and nothing went missing or any issues what so ever.

The not so pros: It is extremely noisy with the planes, the dogs barking and all the car alarms.

Housekeeping on one day didn't do anything but make the bed and throw some new towels in and nothing was restocked. (Yes, we always leave a tip - so not sure what was going on).

In the first room I took the time to scrub the mold building around the main tub facet and it came off easily so no reason not to catch it in a sweep of the clean cloth. That same day there was hair and dander all over the floor and it had not had a vacuum over it. so we were a little disappointed. Another room the door handle "fell" off the inside of the bathroom door.

No business centre which was very disappointing as we needed to do airline check ins, keep in touch with family back home, etc. This to me was a big downer!

We did not eat in the restaurant as we were always out and about, however we did try the little restaurant next door and went back a second time. We liked it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2010

We stayed here two nights on either side of a trip to the cloud forest just outside Quito. Our tour agency had booked the rooms and transfers for us. We found this hotel very funky, modern to the point of super trendy, but the staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a beautiful suite the first night with a luxurious bath and shower room, on the 6th floor. As it was more on the front of the hotel it was a bit noisy at night with the dogs barking and car alarms going off, but it is right in the middle of the city and to be expected. We ate out the first night and before we left we had a cocktail in the outside bar on the top floor of the hotel. It was expensive but has great views of the city and mountains and patio heaters to counteract the evening chill. The room and bed was so comfy that despite the noise we slept really well. Inclusive breakfast was a very light affair compared to the Dann Carlton next door, but everything was well presented. Our second nights stay was in a smaller room at the back of the hotel, but it was much quieter. We ordered room service from the Sake restaurant and again everything was beautifully presented, though not that hot, but we were so hungry we couldn't wait for it to go and come back again. We wouldn't say this hotel was great value for money, but it was luxurious and with lovely staff and it was nice to be pampered after a hiking trip.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quito
Casa Joaquin Boutique Hotel
Hotel Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita
Hotel Patio Andaluz
Hotel Patio Andaluz
#8 of 110 in Quito

Been to Le Parc Hotel? Share your experiences!