“I love this place. Nov. 2012”
Review of Hotel Espana

Hotel Espana
and 1 more site!
Hotel Espana
Ranked #54 of 60 Hotels in Cuenca
Mesa, Arizona
“I love this place. Nov. 2012”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

From the minute I came in the door I felt good about how clean an pristine everything was. The girl (Nieves) was a blessing after a long hard day. Her smile just somehow mad the day better. I spoke little spanish but we had fun getting checked in anyway. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Plenty of hot water, the food was good and the cleaning staff, great. ... Well I could go on and on.
I am here for just under a month and I will miss the people here when I leave. On my return THIS IS WHERE I WILL STAY AGAIN. I don't think a person can give a better recommendation than that.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and was happy there, however if you have problems with stairs ask for a firs...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank phil85207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
toronto
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed 2 nights at that hotel, and that was 2 nights too much. Service at the front desk is terrible, terrible! They have wifi and I went to ask the receptionist for the password. She mumbled something I couldn't get. So I asked her to write it down on a piece of paper, she said no! I then gave her my iphone so she can put the pw herself but because of her fake long nails (I wonder how she types on her computer), she couldn't input the word. So I had to ask her again and after multiple efforts, got it and was able to connect. And that is only one between multiple incidents that happened there during that short period of time we were there.

Room was smelling weird because of the carpet and bad aeration. Sheets were not that clean, bathrrom shower was clogged etc. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, just ok. What threw me off is to see the server mixing all the leftovers coffee at the end, kind of saving them for the next day. I don't drink coffee and my friend has complained about the weird taste of it. Thought she was being picky but understood after what we saw. I was done with this hotel on the first day and I wish we went to another one for the second night. So if you can, go somewhere else in Cuenca. Am sure there other hotels much more better in the area in the same price range.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank crazystorm

Travellers are raving about these Cuenca hotels