US$102
Hotels.com
US$158
US$107
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Forum Hotel(Cuenca)
US$70
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Casa San Rafael(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$50
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$264
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront desktaxi ridestar hotelbreakfast buffetresident managerfloor heatingmodern designgreat bakerycevichehistoric centerflat screen televisionthe rivervegetable tartswimming poolsafe areaspoke very good englishthe general manager
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We have been staying at Oro Verde every time we went to Cuenca, Ecuador for the past 5 years or so. We wouldn't go anywhere else!
First the hotel is beautiful, it, I'm sure, complies with american standards when it comes to high standard to luxury hotels in the US. The rooms are great, spacious and functional. The restaurant is perfect for us: in fact in our past stay we ate there for all our meals for the entire stay (We have 2 small children and since it is a family friendly place we feel always comfortable being there with them even if They tens to be a bit loud and hyper at times!) They have a great buffet and the chef is always at our disposition and willing to accommodate us when we want something that is not on the menu.
I would say that what makes this place N°1 For us is the staff. These people are so welcoming, always at your service, smiling, genuinely good hearted and hard working people. We have travelled to many places and hotels eather in Latin America, The US or in Europe where I'm from and this place beats any places we've been to as far as staff quality of service goes.
We truly feel at home there which is why we've been going to this same place every time since 2012 (I would say at least 6 or 7 times).
I do not usually take the time to write reviews but for such an outstanding place I do.
We are looking forward to go back there and see Liliana from the front desk (so sweet and helpful always), Diego the manager who always makes sure all is well with us. Geovanny, Miguel helping us with any need picking us up from the airport back to the hotel and driving us back there when we left. Very pleasant and kind hearted men. Also the lady at the restaurant front desk (I forget her name unfortunately) always so welcoming and with a smile on her face. I forget many others but truly each and every person working there is a true treat!

Least but not last we also love the location as it is in a quiet and safe neighborhood where many Americans live. And you get to the center of Cuenca in no time (5-10 minutes) with a cab (less than $5). You also get to the National Park called El Cajas in 20 to 30 minutes from there where more outdoors activities are to be found.
There is always pros and cons in every hotel but for us there are truly only pros.
I'm sure some other clients could find something to complain about N°1: it will probably be something quite insignificant and N°2: you won't find many of those clients!
If you decide to go you will be able to judge for yourself that all that has been mentioned in the above is true.
We are definitely looking forward to going back to Oro Verde... hopeful for Christmas!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Emilie S

What a MAGNIFICENT review..!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your wonderful comment about our Hotel and our service, thank you very much for your kind words to Liliana, Geovanny, Miguel and our Resident Manager Diego.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed with us! On behalf of the entire Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca team, we greatly appreciate your comment about our Hotel and our service. Facilities, and breakfast that is the considered by our guest and clients like the best in town.

You are really important to us, as winners of the 2017 Travelers Choice we take care of every detail in order to make you feel better than in your own home.

General Manager.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is everything you expect. I spent 4 nights with a friend of mine. The staff is very polite and helpful, the rooms are spacious, the buffet breakfast every morning has a lot of choices, and it ends at 10:30 am, so it allows you to sleep quite late every morning without loosing the complimentary breakfast. The outdoor pool is very nice, and the sauna room is very pleasant. Lots of parking places, quiet neighborhood yet you can easily get transportation. 10 minutes away from downtown Cuenca. The price is totally worth it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel C
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Daniel C,

What an EXCELLENT review..!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your amazing comment about our Hotel and our service, thanks for share with the Trip Advisor´s community your experience.

We look forward to your next visit, Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our amazing city!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I stayed at Oro Verde for 12 nights on a trip exploring Cuenca and nearby towns. The hotel is in a peaceful, quiet area with a river just behind it. It's a short taxi ride (about $2) from the hotel to the historic center. My room was clean and comfortable with a large, flat screen television and a lovely view of the mountains. I received excellent service from the friendly hotel staff. Especially nice was the maid's check every evening to ensure that I had enough towels and other supplies. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection, including oatmeal and omelets made to order. For lunch and dinner, its restaurant serves up tasty dishes, such as trout and chicken. Just a few blocks from the hotel is the Vegetable Bar restaurant, which has some vegetarian dishes. With its first-class service and many amenities, Oro Verde made my stay a pleasure.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank K8732VMdavidm
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear K8732VMDavidm,

What a MAGNIFICENT review..!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your wonderful comment about our Hotel and our service, you are the most important for us and that is why we always work to offer you the best stay in Cuenca.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel for a week and felt very pampered. The staff was courteous and always ready to help us. Liliana, Fernando and Diego were wonderful. Rooms were clean and restaurant food very good.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Guest Greg H,

Thank you very much for your kind words to Liliana, Fernando and Diego.
On behalf of the entire Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca team, we greatly appreciate your wnderful comment about our Hotel and our service.

We look forward to your next visit, Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our wonderful city! I request please that on your next visit you make your reservation directly to my personal email mferrari@oroverdehotels.com in order to personally welcome you.

With Highest Regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Enjoyed the service and the room I had was very spacious and comfortable
Breakfast buffet was great, but the service staff at the restaurant needs some training
I will like to see a better bar at the lobby and faster internet speed at the rooms

Stayed: May 2017
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Guest Alan k,

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your flattering comment.

Thank you very much for your recommendations!We will consider your suggestions

Cordially.