My husband and I (27 years old) stayed here for 6 nights. First week of December .
*comfy beds and blankets
*can pay extra $ for additional breakfast items
*rooms near reception have high ceilings and are very "colonial"-Ly cool
*"double" beds are, IMO, not big enuf for two adults to sleep well. Get a room with 2 beds if u are a light sleeper like me
*free breakfast is lame . Sliced white bread and jam/butter lasts me about 1hr and I'm hungry again. (Go to cafe San Sebas for some real food.)
*the attitude of the receptionist is variable. Some nice, some a tad annoying and craze-ballz.
* the quiet rooms around the back garden are def quieter, but they have really low ceilings and are much more cramped than the loud ones by reception . I just jammed in some earplugs . I preferred the style of the colonial rooms by the reception.
5-8 min walk from tutto fredos. Location is fine.
The shower in room #1 around the pretty garden gets lukewarm at best. Just warm enough to hope for the best, and then dashes your hopes of a hot shower after long days of horse riding and hiking . Hrmph , maybe it was because that bathroom shares a wall with the laundry area ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely downtown hotel built around a beautiful garden. A very peaceful place in the heart of colonial Cuenca offering --travel and tour assistance --free breakfast --luggage storage --free maps --lending library --wheel chair rooms --24 hour check-in --plenty of hot water --kitchen use after 1PM ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostal Macondo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Macondo Cuenca
- Hostal Macondo Hotel Cuenca