La Casa De Sillar
Casa Arequipa(Arequipa)
US$79
US$72
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstayed herecolca canyonvery pleasant staypacorooftophostelperuluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

At first they did not get our booking but the staff soon made us feel welcome and catered for our needs by storing luggage, suggesting places to go and organising taxis. Great breakfast and cooking facilities. Lovely garden and rooftop shared areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank selbycassie
Reviewed 4 February 2014

CLEANLINESS - very nice! Nothing to complain about!

KITCHEN - good and very big. They have everything you need to cook!

BATH - hot water. VERY hot water!

WI-FI - perfect! Fast and works inside the rooms.

LOCATION - 5 blocks from the main square.

BAD - The only bad point. The mattress is not that good. They need to improve it!

ROOM - Big, clean, TV inside, very quiet!

I recommend it!

Room Tip: Room 4 is good but to many light in the mourning. The shower is hot, but there's not a lot of water!!! Though, it's big, quiet and very comfortable!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Di_Ferro
Reviewed 25 November 2013

i visited Arequipa for a week and decided to stay in LA CASA DE sillar.
what an awesome place, the history, the rooms, and is a 400 year house....
if i ever go back, would stay there again..
the owner was and very nice guy and the people that work there are great.

Room Tip: all rooms are great..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank elliot u
lacasadesillar, Propietario at La Casa De Sillar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Dear Elliot ,

Thank you first of all for the time invested in give us your feedback of your stay with us.

We are very happy to read your comment and see that you enjoyed you visit.

Don't hesitate to request whatever you need for further trips to Perú to assist you in any need you might have.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for two months. During the second month the apartment manager was fired for theft, but not before he had come to my room smiling and asking if I could pay for the 2nd month that day please.

I found out two days later when another person on the staff asked when I was going to pay. After that, she and the owner debated whether they should honor the rent I'd paid the the thief they are responsible for having hired.

Later in the month, they told me I had to leave two days early (and check out at 7am) because they booked the room. When I objected, they referenced the fact that they let me stay despite the thief. Like I should be grateful they honored what a customer paid for?

To make it worse, my last day (today) they have made me change rooms. I'm told I will get a refund, but 'tomorrow,' not today, so let's see how that goes.

My first week here, poor wiring caused the electrical shower head to blow up above my head and cause a small fire.

The building is nice. The rooms are clean. But in just trying to pay for a place to stay, this place caused me way too many headaches.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor. I had a great view of the mountains. Many of the first floor rooms are windowless dungeons.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in a private room on the second floor with a shared bathroom for 60 soles.The room was clean with plenty of blankets on the bed for when the temperature dropped at night.

Breakfast is included and there is a kitchen and communal room that you can use (meet other travellers) and a lovely small garden/courtyard area where the rather docile house dog likes to sun bathe (hopefully you're a dog person or this could be a problem).

Another bonus is that It's very central and only a few minutes walk from main square and sights.

My only qualms would be that you don't have a key to open the main door and you have to ring the doorbell and sometimes wait for a while or even have other guest open the door for you and my girlfriend had some laundry done which came back with purple stains on it, so had to throw away some of her clothes!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple