“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Arequipa
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is clean, well decorated, very centrally located and reasonably priced. It is the nicest hotel I stayed out throughout a 16 day trip of Peru, although it wasn't any more expensive than the others. But what really set it apart was the customer service. I didn't realize that breakfast was included in my room rate and walked down to the lobby about 10 minutes after 10 am, when breakfast had stopped being served. The receptionist asked if I had had breakfast, when I told I hadn't known about it she insisted on having breakfast sent to my room! You can tell that providing excellent customer service is important to the entire staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelbykamir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for 1 night in Dec and the experience was great. Location of the hotel is perfect with everything within walking distance. The room is clean and tidy and of a reasonable size.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room and includes a variety of choices from eggs to quinoa crepes to tamalitas. The breakfast is the the best we've had in our whole trip in Peru. The fresh arequipa papaya juice is not to be missed!

But the highlight of the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff. Every staff member whom we've spoken to wer extremely helpful in all our questions. When they knew we were trying to apply for a tourist visa into Bolivia, they have helped to make quite a few calls to the Bolivian embassies in Lima, Puno to find out more information for us. When they knew our plans for visa application didn't work out and knew that our bus to Cusco only leaves in the evening, the hotel immediately offered us to stay in our room until 7pm without any extra charge.

We also really enjoyed the cooking class the hotel helped arrange as well.

I would recommend Los Tambos to anyone who's visiting Arequipa!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank helenlena
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in November. This was my second visit to the hotel, and once again the hotel lived up to my expectations. Rooms, location and breakfast are all excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
There was a problem with the lift during my stay but this was soon rectified. The manager left a letter in my room apologizing for any disruption this may.have caused as my room was on the top floor and actually gave a discount on the final bill which I thought was a good and professional gesture.
i wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in Arequipa. I will definitely use Los Tambos again when I return.

Room Tip: Room on the top floor is great, with easy access to the terrace and roof with great views over the c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Louis B
lostambos, General Manager at Los Tambos, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, once again!

I am delighted that you returned to stay at Los Tambos and I am proud to hear that our Team Members ensured that we lived up to your expectations. It is really our goal to delight our guests at every opportunity!

Thanks for recognizing our effort in extending proper explanations regarding a technical issue we had with our lift. Unfortunately these kinds of circumstances are hardly predictable, but whenever they happen our guests come first, as usual.

We thank you especially for highlighting our king room on the 5th floor, which is definitely a very popular choice among our guests and books really fast.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences here. I look forward to welcoming you back once again to Los Tambos in the near future.

Warm regards from sunny Arequipa,

Thomás Bonini Vieira da Rocha
London England
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for seven nights in late November and had an excellent time. All the staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay.

This hotel is located about two minutes from Plaza de Armas and is central for all the main attractions in Arequipa. We visited the Monastery, Plaza, Juanita (the ice mummy) and most of the main historical locations - all within walking distance.

We chose the largest room on the top floor and weren't disappointed - extremely comfortable bed, quiet in terms of hotel noise (but the fireworks let off somewhere outside over the weekend did wake us a couple of times) and good value for the money. No a/c in the room but a large floor-standing fan kept the temperatures down. There was a fridge in our room and bottled water was replaced daily which was appreciated.

Breakfast was included in the cost and was great - the freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious and everything was freshly cooked once you had placed your order.
Didn't particularly like the tv that was on all the time during breakfast, not noisy but there is something about that flickering screen that draws your eyes however hard you try not to watch it!

We were collected from and returned to the airport by taxi arranged by the hotel free of charge which was very helpful and convenient.

There is a small attractive reception area with sofas and a small book library.

The rooftop terraces have enough seats to cope with those who do decide to sit in the open for a while, although as the weather is so good, some shade would be appreciated - a couple of parasols would be useful as there is little shade available once the sun gets up. There were good views over all of Arequipa from both terraces - especially attractive at sunset when the mountains were bathed in pink.

Would definitely stay here again were we to return to Arequipa.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisStubberfield
Perth
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I revisited this hotel for 4 night in October 2013 We returned again because we found the location was excellent. The staff were friendly the room was clean & modern. The TV large. and the breakfast was delicious. The price was good because they have a policy of stay for 4 nights pay for 3 so the price was good. The view of the hills from the top floor was very good as it allowed me to take photos of the hills when the weather cleared. We did the Colca canyon before and were quite happy to wander around town to see the sights again. The market was also very good plus I did a cooking class

Room Tip: We always had a front room in the 3 times we have been there so not too sure of the other rooms. The...
Delmar, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My stay at Los Tambos was excellent. They arranged for a tour to the Colca Canyon which was memorable and very enjoyable. I think what stands out most about Los Tambos is the staff, who are extremely helpful and friendly. They are willing to accomodate your needs. They gave wonderful suggestions on what sites to visit. The breakfast was delicious and served in a very nice setting.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A really super hotel to stay at very close to the central square in Arequipa and the nearby key attractions. Central Arequipa is quite small but even so the location here is excellent.

The staff were excellent and spoke great English when our Spanish attempts were poor. They were very friendly and helpful, made a good breakfast and helped show us the best places to visit on the map.

The Airport pickup was great and I can't fault anything about the hotel, its rooms (very clean and comfortable) or the service. Well worth the money.

1 Thank KiwiGav27