“Best meal of my life”
Review of Ras El hanout - CLOSED

Ras El hanout
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Chicken tagine was Amazing, the best tea I ever had, couldn't have enough of this place, superb service, nice atmosphere, A++

2  Thank Fernando B

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Enjoyed the change (I love the regional food but I am used to having food from a variety of cuisines and glad there are now more alternatives in Arequipa). Tasty, good food, good service, expensive for the local market.

1  Thank ChanteEdmonton
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I dined solo tonight, the only really good part of which was that I didn't have to feel even a tiny bit guilty about not sharing a single bite of my delicious meal. A first course of lentil and vegetable soup (the exact name of which I don't remember, but the menu description is clear) was savory and very satisfying. It came in a beautiful pottery dish, which just enhanced the dining experience. My main course, a healthful-sounding vegetable combination description, arrived in a tagine dish. The name was similar to "shakshouka," but spelled differently. Oh, what a delectable meal! Potatoes sliced so thin they looked like potato chips ringed the dish, their soft, warm goodness was a very nice contrast to the rest of the meal. A perfect fried egg topped the vegetable tagine itself. Sadly, I'm not familiar enough with Moroccan food to tell you what spices made that dish of green beans, Peruvian pumpkin (more like sweet potato to my taste), sweet peppers, and more so phenomenally good. It may well have been the best meal of my life; I certainly felt as though that may have been the case when I savored my last bite.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

As an israeli, i've had my share or narguila(shisha), hummus and falafel. The nargila was bad at first, but the waiter replaced it for a better one, without me needing to ask, which was great. Later, everything went bad...the waiter took forever with the dishes(me and my english friend were almost the only ones there). The falafel was ok, but bad serving...the pitta bread was open!! The hummus was ok but not recomended. Other than that, our waiter was slow, looking at his phone, falling asleep on the desk (!)... so, for my first experience there, I was dissapointed. The spaghetti dish my friend ordered was ok also in his opinion. Prices bit high. The chai was great though. I would go there more just for tea and shisha.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The menu at Ras El hanout is very different from many other places in town, and at some point you will want something other than the typical meals that are so common in Arequipa. We particularly like anything that I would call "middle eastern" which is hard to find in Arequipa, and so we were happy to find Ras El hanout in the center of town. However, as is often the case in the high rent district of Arequipa, you will pay a high price for dinner at Ras El hanout ... it was easily one of the most expensive meals in town. And I probably would have rated Ras El hanout 4 stars had I received enough food, however in this restaurant you will not only pay a high price but you will also receive small portions. We don't drink, so we were not there for the night life .... which I expect is quite raucous and comfortable; we just went there for a good meal, and we were underwhelmed by the experience.

1  Thank Fotopala