Tierra Viva Arequipa Plaza Hotel
La Hosteria(Arequipa)
US$143
US$88
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationbusiness centercolca canyonstreet noisethe main squarerooms facegood sizeovernight tripbreakfast staffno windowcentral locationtwo blocksbeautiful roomexcellent staycomfortable hotelbreadwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I checked in here for one night before leaving for cusco. The hotel was very clean, with a comfortable bed and great Wifi. The staff was very helpful and always attentive. The breakfast in the morning was excellent as well. It was a little more expensive than some other places but well worth it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We've found in our travels throughout Peru that Tierra Viva hotels are consistently clean, comfortable, well located, friendly, and hospitable. Our only complaint is that the breakfast becomes a bit monotonous after a few days. If you're only staying a couple of days it won't matter, but we stayed a week in each hotel, and the breakfast never changed. Good quality, just no variety. Staff and service were exemplary in every case, though.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Arequipa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Doug P,

Thank you very much for having stayed in some of our Tierra Viva Hotels and for recommending them to other travelers.

We are so glad of knowing that you had a wonderful time with us, and we hope to have you again, at any Tierra Viva, in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

stayed there two weeks for work. the most comfortable hotel and best value I had in Peru. very quiet location but just two mins walk to the plaza. friendly staff. Will try other tierra viva locations if possible.

Room Tip: single rooms don't have windows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear TimmyGirl,

Thank you very much for your comment and for considering Tierra Viva Arequipa Plaza the “#1 choice in Arequipa”

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Staff were very accommodating and welcoming. The hotel is only a few steps from the main plaza and busy pedestrian street. The hotel feels very modern and clean. The rooms are spacious and very nice. We returned for a third night after spending a night in Colca Valley and they stored our luggage for us and had it waiting for us in our room when we returned.

Great breakfast as well. Decent internet.

Advice: Book a room away from the street as it will be much quieter.

Room Tip: Away from the street is quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Arequipa Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear StevenWelker,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for considering Tierra Viva a “Great Hotel”

Once again, thank you, and we hope to have you again with us in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this property for 2.5 nights during the last week of January 2014 (two regular nights plus I paid for a third night to ensure an early morning check-in when I arrived after an overnight flight). This was my first visit to Arequipa, and the Tierra Viva Plaza was just what I was looking for to ensure a successful stay for myself and a work colleague. The bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows, and the room was fresh, clean, and quiet. Most importantly, the wi-fi worked perfectly. Once I figured out which way to turn the modern-style faucets in the bathroom sink and shower there was plenty of hot water, and I enjoyed the artisanal spa-type bath products. Despite it being mid-summer in Peru, the altitude of Arequipa meant that the space heater was a welcome amenity at night and it worked fine. My room was attractive, but although it was probably quieter I would request one that had real windows next time (mine just had narrow opaque windows up high on the bedroom wall, so you could not see out). The breakfast was tasty (especially the delicious Peruvian jams) and I never experienced any problems with crowding in the dining room. The concierges were very helpful with excellent recommendations for nearby restaurants for lunch and dinner (definitely go to Paladar 1900 just around the corner - and make sure to get the mango ceviche and the rocoto relleno!). If you're in Arequipa on Sunday, make sure to try some queso helado from the vendors on the Plaza. For some bookings (perhaps through their website, which is how I booked my room), the hotel provides a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. The driver they sent to pick me up, Wily, was wonderful and is a real asset to the property--it was a real pleasure to meet him and hear his helpful tips about the city. Definitely it was nice to have a driver there waiting when I arrived after a long overnight flight, so this service provides a great added value for guests. All in all, I would highly recommend this property and will definitely stay there again if I visit Arequipa in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room with a window if being in a windowless environment makes you feel claustrophobic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ceollaigh,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for considering Tierra Viva a “Perfect hotel for business or tourism”.

Kind Regards,