Los Tambos(Arequipa)
US$83
US$88
US$85
Hotels.com
Posada Nueva Espana(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
US$35
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$63
US$57
US$66
US$59
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Foyer Hostel Arequipa(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
US$37
La Hosteria(Arequipa)
US$143
US$74
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$87
US$82
US$172
US$160
US$233
US$157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorganised tourhistoric buildingstayed nightscentral locationaccommodationcourtyardperu
Reviewed 7 May 2012

An atmospheric hotel, well-located for the main square, cathedral, shops and ´Juanita´museum. Built in the 18th century, the reception and dining areas retain many original features and are pleasant to chill out in. Rooms, however, are nothing special and soundproofing is poor but beds are very comfortable. Friendly, obliging staff and a speedy same-day laundry service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Colonial style hostel with charm, helpful staff and a perfect location - make this one of the best hostels I have stayed in during my travels.
The hostel is laid out perfectly, the rooms are away from the street noise and at the back of the hostel,so you have the lounging areas and dinning rooms towards the front.
The staff are attentive, helpful and very friendly - quite proud of their city are eager to suggest places to eat and things to do if you dont have an organised tour.
The rooms are clean, with decent showers that have hot water - and wont scald you! The flat screen tv with cable is a nice bonus in case you find yourself having a quiet night in.
Well recommended.

Room Tip: All were in the same area, no real difference to be honest
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a family run business in a quaint old mansion right in the heart of Arequipa. Love the entrance, reception area and the breakfast room. The decor, the furnishings and details take you back to Spain hundreds of years ago. Our room was in a modern building and had twin doors which opened onto a small balcony with a view of the courtyard and the passage to the entrance. The room was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. The staff at the front desk were incredibly kind and helpful, we received lots of good advice about restaurants, what to see and where to buy some basics. Very good atmosphere, very good value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked this through Booking. Com and got a room for half price with a special deal so I was pleased. The hotel is stunning, an old stone building tucked away behind gates on a street where no cars are allowed. The lobby is majestic and bursting with ye oldy charm. However, the hotel where are the rooms are is modern. The room was actually no better than one I paid 35 soles for in Puno! The carpet needs a change, the curtains etc. There is a flat screen TV, perfectly okay bathroom.

Having said that, I was so happy with the safe, central location and the friendly, helpful staff made up for it. Also, walking into the hotel was such a pleasure, you feel as if you are in a really grand, colonial home. There is a little garden at the back.

I came back from a three day trek to Colca Canyon and they had kept my suitcase stored for me. I had a few hours before my bus left to Nasca. I asked if there was a bathroom where I could change and the manager offered me a room and even said I could take a shower! Didn't ask for anything in return. I was very pleased to have stayed here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2010

The hotel itself is ideally located near the centre. The building itself inside is beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are comfy and the rooms are well kept but we were situated at the back of the hotel where their is a live music venue, which plays music so loud that even earplugs are not enough to counter it.

The TV did not work in our room and the breakfast of scambled eggs and bread is more suited for a hostel. There is not much opportunity to meet other guests with a lack of a bar but there is one free internet computer available. I think you could quite easily find somewhere better to stay no matter what you wanted from a hotel or hostel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends