All reviews breakfast terrace colca canyon pancakes really enjoyed our stay here bread main plaza room was spacious nice breakfast three nights convenient location coca tea lovely hotel juice tour shower cereal roof
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

i had a booking for two nights, but when they showed me the rooftop "penthouse" i extended my stay for six more nights. stunning view for el misti, highest building around, perfect sunset, patio,... the breakfast is pretty good and there is free coca tea available 24/7.
and its just a five min walk to plaza de armas.
i can highly recomend to stay here.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is a nice budget accommodation in the heart of Arequipa, conveniently located at a walking distance from all its main attractions, such as the beautiful Santa Catalina monastery.

The staff apparently did not speak English, but communicated only in Spanish. However, they were nice and helpful: they kept our luggage for half a day free of charge and helped us arrange a cheap taxi to the airport (the transfer took approximately 20 minutes).

Our room was basic, but spacious and clean. Based on our experience, the rooms on the second floor are slightly better that the ones on the ground floor. The free WiFi was reasonably fast. The breakfast was small but good, served on the panoramic terrace. The price was very competitive.

This hostal is recommended to budget travelers planning to spend a couple of days in Arequipa.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are slightly better that the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtcase
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We stayed here for one night. They let us check in at 6am!!! We arrived that early on an overnight bus so they changed our room to give us one that was ready so we could shower and sleep. So flexible and helpful!
About 15-20 minute walk to the plaza, with shops and restaurants on the way and close-by.
Breakfast was good and sufficient, and was outside which was nice.
The common/relaxing area on the ground floor was really nice and modern too, with constant availability of coca tea.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
Room was clean enough and had everything you need, including hot water (although it took a while to come through). We also had a window to open for fresh air which was good.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonnaFromAus
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Great place with an amazing view on the city. My room was on the 4th (last) floor and I could enjoy the terrace just for myself.
The view to the volcano right from my room window is just fantastic!
The rooms are nice and have everything necessary (including a heater). I also liked the common area on the 1st floor, where I could work a bit and drink some inka tea.
oh, and the breakfast terrace is also very romantic, loved starting my day there!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Our room had a great view from the El Misti volcano justa in front of our door. Breakfast was good, bread, cheese , fruits, juice, best in Peru in my trip. The recepcionists were very friendly, they book a Colca Canyon one day tour 10 soles more expensive than I found in others agencies. Clean, few minutes walk from what Arequipa has the best. I would come back! Internet wifi best in Peru !

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple