All reviews fire pit san blas pedro luis beautiful hotel machu picchu alpaca blankets filtered water boutique hotel heating system lovely courtyard favorite hotel lomo saltado boxed breakfast the main square packed breakfast narrow streets hotel arranged
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Beautifully designed and built hotel. All the reviewers are correct about how nicely decorated and designed this place is.
But our experience was completely spoilt by the indifferent and rude staff.
We spent 2 weeks travelling around Peru, staying at 10 different hotels. Antigua Casona San Blas has by far the worst staff we encountered:
Bell boy who doesn’t open the door for you when you arrive by taxi with hands full of luggage, let allone offer assistance, just stands there looking at you.
Front desk staff rudely asking “you have a reservation?” instead of saying “welcome”.
Breakfast staff arguing amongst themselves in Spanish thinking the guests don’t understand.
Guests waiting and waiting to order drinks at the beautiful fire pit in the courtyard during happy hour, while bar staff is flirting with front desk, ignoring all guests.
Bell boy loitering around reception area, not greeting or assisting anyone.
And I could go on.
On the other hand, a short request to the housekeeping staff about an issue with our sink was followed up on and resolved immediately.
A hotel that charges these prices should be able to afford better trained staff.
We stayed here for 2 nights before and 1 night after our visit to Machu Picchu, but were very happy to move to another hotel for ourlast 2 nights.
Plenty of choice in Cusco, with much, much better service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
hernancarriondlc, Manager at Antigua Casona San Blas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello FlyingFish17,

It saddens me that your experience with our staff was poor. But, I can tell you that your experience is not that of 99% of our guests. We put a lot of effort into hiring well, and training our staff well. We will look into the problem. But, I also have to tell you that there are not many better choices in Cusco with much better service. As the leader of our team, I can vouch for their excellent character, service, and kindhearted nature.

-Hernan

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I am very picky about hotels since i know the industry, however, this hotel really met my expectations. At checking in, the lady in charge was not nice and never told us about the main and basic things as where and when is the breakfast, check out, never offered if we want to leave our luggage in the store since we arrive early... I had to ask EVERYTHING and of course, that is not going above and beyond. Very sad first impression.
However, the concierge staff was super nice and helpful when I was suffering from altitude sickness. He gave me oxygen, tea and help me with the cab I had ordered. During my whole stay every member of the staff was asking me if I was feeling better.
The service at the restaurant is TOP and personalized. They cook what we ordered even if that wasn´t on the menu. There was one guy that I never realized who he was who was always checking that everything was running ok. He did a great job.
The room was big enough for two and the bed was super comfortable and warm.
One bad thing is that the shower takes too long to warm up.
But in general, I would like to stay there another time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time! The staff is so friendly and attentive. The room was comfortable and the courtyard, restaurant and bar were excellent. In addition the location is in a great area close to good restaurants.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Lovely boutique hotel tucked away with friendly internal courtyard, great restaurant, helpful staff, good beds, well-lit bathroom. Excellent value for money. Just a stone’s throw from the central plaza.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Excellent boutique hotel, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and the restaurant (staff and food) is great.
The patio is cozy and invites you to have a nice chat with a great glass of chilean wine.
The location of Plaza San Blas is excellent, near bars and restaurants and downtown square and cathedral are at walking distance by Cuesta San Blas.
Add to all these a staff that's always trying to make you feel relaxed enjoying your vacation, Mario, Óscar, Sergio, Pierina, Juan Carlos, Dona and Wilkins among others made our staying unforgetable, thanks to all.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view to or neat the central patio
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family