“Excellent service”
Review of Anden Inca Hotel

Anden Inca Hotel
Ranked #85 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Anden Inca for 5 nights. The hotel itself is well located to the town square and many bars and restaurants. The rooms were clean (and cleaned daily I might add) and well appointed. What really struck me was the high level of service from the staff - it was 5 star service (and I have stayed in a lot of hotels both for business and leisure). They really went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed and always had a smile. I would recommend this hotel and would return if I was to stay in Cusco again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolineC_11

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Our group of seven was here for three nights. The staff was helpful and the hotel was clean, but it was 3 blocks uphill from the plaza, and not a particularly nice neighborhood. The hotel is a bit noisy, with no carpeting anywhere, all tile in the rooms, lobby, and central courtyard. Be sure to get a room away from the front to avoid street noise.

The facilities are average; a long wait for hot water, dim lighting in the rooms, and a tub/shower so high that my wife had to use a chair to get in.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The Anden Inka is a well located, clean, modern choice in Cusco. We thought is was a very good value -- offering excellent, very friendly service, a breakfast buffet that was a bit above average and nice, if a little plain, rooms. It's contemporary interiors are a nice foil to the historic look of Cusco. We enjoyed our stay very much and would return.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I liked this hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I thought the breakfast was substantial and very good,. The staff were very helpful in providing info on things to do,retaurants and getting us taxis. This hotel isvery well located and it is a short walk from the plaza. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I agree with the person above in regards to the loud factor. The courtyard is right next to the rooms so in the mornings (or even late at night) if you're a light sleeper, you'll have a hard time. I did find the rooms clean, comfy, lots of warm clean blankets (it was freezing at night in December). The staff was friendly and helpful. I wouldn't have any issues staying there again.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Pindy333
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We stayed here one night in May after 3 nights in Aguas Calientes before flying back to LIma. Plusses: the front desk arranged for a neighboring laundromat to clean our clothes very inexpensively, and they have a computer with good, fast internet service. Minuses: the hotel is a courtyard style, and sleeping during the day was impossible becuase the tile floors in the open center magnify the noise from other guests and the loud hotel staff, they only have one computer for internet access, there are no clocks in the rooms. Worst of all, when I asked for a wakeup call to be ready for a 7AM flight (since there are no clocks) the front desk clerk called 30 minutes late and lied to me about what time it was. How did I know? Only because my tour guide called 5 minutes later to say she was downstairs ready to drive us to the airport! As if the late call wasn't bad enough, that man just LIED. Unacceptable. Do not stay here unless you bring earplugs and your own alarm clock!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Last year me and my friends where travelling around peru and decided to stay in this hotel becouse there was no other free.
One night we were returning to the hotel after going dancing when we were stolen in the door of the hotel. we asked for help but the crew did not know what to do. they just watched to us without knowing wat to do.
We ask the next day that some of the crew members helped us to go to the police station but the person who worked in the night would not be back till the night. time in which the police station was closed.
We did not get any help therefore I would not recoment this place
Jan van der vries

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jvandervries
Rosita_9, Manager at Anden Inca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2009

We are so sorry about know all this problem one year after it. We check this and you came with a large group of 26 persons, who come with a reservation of Peru Travel Reps Agency (made in november 2007 and the last modificacion in April 2008), so those was a planned trip.
We contact the travel agency about this problem, and they also didn't know about it. We would knew the problem at the time it happens (as manager), but you just wait for the night's worker.
Once again, we are so sorry about it, but also we really want to knew it the last year, and don't know about it just a few wekks ago.

Rosa Carrasco