“A very nice small hotel in Cusco”
Review of Hotel Amerindia

Hotel Amerindia
Ranked #89 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The location is perhaps 5-10 minutes walk from the main Square in Cusco. The hotel is next to San Pedro church square; here you will get to see a lot of local people and activities unlike in the main Square. I enjoyed the walks. The hotel building is nice, the restaurant area has some old structures retained, there's a courtyard garden in the center. The room rate is much cheaper compared to some well-known/advertised 4* hotel chain in Peru (we also stayed in one of those in Cusco), similar in quality. The breakfast was perfect, very healthy. The hotel staff were very pleasant. Room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This hotel accommodated 27 people for a mission trip we did at the end of March. The hotel is safe, comfortable, and has all basic amenities. Although it may not have all the bells and whistles of a larger hotel, the hotel owners will go above and beyond to make sure you are as comfortable and secure as possible. Javier, is knowledgeable and will gladly provide you advice and answer any questions you may have about Cusco, transportation, and travel.

If you're looking for a clean, quiet, and cozy hotel that is close to plaza de Armas and San Pedro Market...this is it!

Everyone on the trip was very happy with Amerindia Hotel and the complimentary "breakfast of kings" each morning was a nice bonus.

I give it 5/5 without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were visiting for two reasons -- 1) a mission trip with 28 other people and 2)vacation adventures!!! We had an amazing trip with very accommodating hosts -- whether for the large group or just the two of us! Breakfast was lovely, traditional Peruvian treats. The bathrooms were really nice with HOT water ;) and the beds/TV were great. We had Internet in common areas (I'm using it now) and safety and security were obvious. And it was the cleanest place we were at in Peru. When we return I would not hesitate to stay here... Close to the local market AND supermarket.

Room Tip: Ask for a heater if its cool! :) LOVED the view from the third floor ;)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at Hotel Amerindia with my boyfriend over New Year's Eve in Cuzco! It was a very nice hotel and a great price for what we received in return which was a nice staff, a good location and yummy breakfast! We arranged for an airport pick up at 6am in the morning and they were waiting for us there.The wifi worked in the lobby and restaurant area, if you asked them to prepare eggs and toast for you they will, which is included in the room rate. The room was a little cold but most hotels in Cuzco do not have heaters, the bed has more than enough blankets to warm you up! The water in the bathroom also has HOT water that worked everyday. The room was cleaned and bed made daily and the front door to the hotel is always opened by someone securing the hotel. I felt like our things were safe and so were we! Enjoy this hotel and beautiful Cuzco. Thank you to the staff that picked us up and provided such a great service to us!
(The only thing I will say is be prepared for some noise on the street during the New Year's Eve parties or other holidays, fireworks and bands playing up and down the streets were very loud very early in the morning but that's not the hotel's fault and it's part of the culture!)

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that's not on the street side!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I made our reservation from the Hotel Amerindia website. There is no phone number to call to check on or confirm the reservation. My wife and I waited at the airport thinking someone from the hotel would pick us up but when no one showed up we took a cab, which didn't work out so well either.

I believe were the only guests at the hotel. The owners were out when we arrived, but the gentleman working the place was nice and did the best he could for us and I appreciate that part. The shower was good and had hot water. The sink was really well built, but did not have hot water. The tile work was nice in the bathroom.

Coming back from the market we were hassled by a drunk on the street. I wanted to get my wife and I into the lobby of the hotel as fast as possible so I rattled the locked door to get attention. A man that I assume was the owner was not pleased with me shaking his door, instead of just letting us in he made a big deal out of pointing out the door bell which in my haste to get away from the drunk person I had overlooked. Not good customer relations.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

A real crush for this hotel ideally located. Rooms simple but pleasant, opening on a patio with a view on the cathedral roof. The breakfast is very good. And on top of that, the personnel is lovely and totally devoted to your needs!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week this August. The streets around it are old, rustic and full of history. Inside the hotel, the atmosphere is very welcoming, clean, and quiet - clear signs of fantastically run small family business. Vivid colors, art, cool lounge places, laptops and wi-fi. And last, but not least - hot powerful shower after a long day of hiking!

From day 1 we had soooo many questions, and the staff was patient and extremely helpful - we really felt their genuine desire to help and make our stay in Cusco as enjoyable as possible. They will even pack a breakfast and provide mate de coca for your thermos in case you need to leave at 5:00am to catch a combi somewhere! :))

Location, location, location - just a short walk from the craziness of Plaza de Armas.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple