“One of the best tours evet”
Review of Cusco Explorers

Cusco Explorers
Ranked #114 of 839 Tours in Cusco
Buenos Aires, Argentina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“One of the best tours evet”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

we hate organized tours... in general we try to organize everything on our own, but we had just a few days and decided to do it with an agency. Different friends (who do not know each other) recommended this agency, and they were more than right. When arriving Cusco, we phone them (we did not ask for the transfer, but you should do it!). At the phone, the lady was expecting my phone call, they were completely aware that we were arriving that day and that 2 days later we were doing the tour with them. Later, the same day, a guide come to our hotel and explain us everything related to our tour. What to bring, not to bring, etc. He was very nice, and spend almost 1h30m with us.
The tour itself, 2 days later, was amazing. The guide (Nilino, or Nilo) was great. He was excelent in type of information, answering all our questions (as silly as they can be!), with respect. We spent 2 days with him, and he could not be more professional. The food and beverage was very good as well. We had bananas and cookies as snacks both days, rice with pork as lunch. We did the short 2 days trekk... but we will come back for the 5days/4nights one. Congratulations Cusco Explorer!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank 2xelmundo

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very happy with Cusco Explorers”
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We went to Peru in Nov, 2010. Our trip was organized by Agustin from Cusco Explorers.
During the preparation stage, Agustin just followed our requests and desires and booked things. He did not talk much. For that reason i was a little worried. I was very pleasantly surprised. Everything worked smoothly. We were met, transferred and toured around without any problems. When we had a concern, Agustin addressed it immediately; even upgraded services just to make us happy.
I would gladly recommend his services to anybody .
And I am definitely planning my next trip, this time to Argentina, with Agustin :)

TX
“Cusco Explorers Tours”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I just returned from a tour in Peru organized for a small group of people by Agustín Cetrangolo from Inversiones Cusco Explorers.
I recommend this agency for budget travelers. They were very helpful and professional. We were unlucky enough to find ourselves attacked by strikers in Puno. Our travel agents saved us from a hostage situation and safely brought us to our tour bus.

Clemson, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Tour in Peru with the Inca Trail as Bonus Track”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We did a 16 days tour in Peru with Cusco Explorers, we book through their new website www.incapoint.com, it began in Lima and ended in Cusco. It was great, we did a complete City Tour in Lima, and then we did the overflight to the Nazca lines and continue to Arequipa. We visit the Colca Canyon staying in a great Hotel in Yanque it was Tradicion Colca.

We wet to Puno and we did a 2 days trip to Titicaca islands (Uros, Amantani and Taquile Island), they organize a homestay in Amantani Island, the experience was unforgettable.

From Puno to Cusco they include a Guided Bus which visited Racqhi, Pucara, Andahualillas and other villages.

We stayed 2 days in Cusco visiting the archealogical places as Sacsaywaman, Kopricancha, Qenqo, etc and the Sacred Valley; after this 2 days we begin the Inca Trail

The Inca Trail has truly been one of the highlights of our lives.

In particular, our guide Nilo was wonderful. Our other guide was terrific also, but as Nilo led the English-speaking group, we got to know him better.
Nilo was very well informed and passionate about Quechua culture, and we learnt a lot from him. We love the fact that he encouraged us to honour the tradition of collecting a stone near the pond and adding it to the pile. This helped make our experience more authentic and spiritual.

We also loved the ceremonies on the first day and on the last night where we got to meet the porters, and to thank them for their amazing work.
We enjoyed every aspect of our experience and highly recommend this company to anybody travelling to Peru.

denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“forgot solo traveller”
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I travelled 3 weeks in peru with this compagny, booked the whole trip from home some 8 months in advance. As a solo traveller i wanted the security of having transfers to and from busstations etc. For the first week things were ok, but going from Arequipa to Puno, upon arrivel in Puno there was noone to pick me up, the hotel had not heard of me!
In Cusco before Inca Trek, guide came to hotel to go over rest of itenary, no mention of personel porter already paid for, wrong fly date to Puerto Maldonado.
When we arrived at the start of the trail, the cook did not want to proceed before more porters were added from Cusco.
I was in a group of mainly spanish speaking persons!
In Puerto Maldonado the lodge wanted me to pay for the lago Sandoval allthough my itenary said it was paid for.
Cusco Explorers response, they offered a meal for the inconvenience in Puno.
When I declined and asked for a refund of some kind, they stopped communicating.
In strong contrast to what they state themselves, having the security and safety of their clients a priority.
I enjoyed my holiday in Peru, despite Cusco Explorers.

3 Thank emjDenmark