We were upgraded to this hotel on arrival, probabally because the tourist numbers were down due to the strikes and issues. But if you read my review of the other hotel, then we were really lucky! The rooms was truly huge. Great beds, quite modernist inside but old building and set around a courtyard. huge balcony on which we had breakfast brought every mornings. nice cocktails and canapes in the room in the evening.l Great and massive bathroom. Spa is also nice, we had a very large jacuzzi to ourselves! Location is prime, close to the Plaza des Armas, and centre of town. Staff friendly. We had a master suite, and the only fault is that we were over reception, and they played music really loudly from around 6am. To the extent that I actually went down twice to get it turned down.But if you have one of the other rooms this wont be an issue. I would recommmend this hotel. We didnt try the restaurant, because the food options in cuzco and great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cartagena CuscoHigh in the Peruvian Andes lies the historic city of Cuzco, famous for its unique blend of Spanish and Incan cultures. Located just off a tranquil square behind the main plaza of Cuzco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa Cusco emerges after years of restoration, which respected the original design of the historic house, to become one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in the city. Its walls of carved stone, which combines warmth, elegance and perfection, invite you to experience the fascinating magic and traditional mysticism that will transport you through time in this historic Spanish house declared a cultural heritage site of Peru.Its lovely atmosphere was built on an ancient Incan site, occupied by the ruling nobility of that time and from which it takes its name: Casa Cartagena, former property of the local Spanish ruler of Cuzco, Don Fernando Cartagena and Santa Cruz.This luxury hotel in Cuzco is an intimate refuge that has only sixteen spacious and comfortable suites, which perfectly blend the modern with the ancestral and luxury with the historical. The rooms are distributed symmetrically along a spacious patio of your dreams where time is suspended. It is located in the historic center of Cuzco, which was declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site.Recovery from an exhausting trip to Machu Picchu or the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our Qoya Spa will be something truly unequalled. It can be perfectly complemented with a delicious dinner in our restaurant which offers the best of local cuisine, "La bodega de la Chola", where poet Pablo Neruda was inspired and Che Guevara shared bohemian nights; it is considered one of the best restaurants in Cuzco.All of these unique features of Casa Cartagena and our warm and personalized service will make your stay in Cuzco an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casa Cartagena And Spa
- Hotel Casa Cartagena Cusco