“Incredible Spa and Ceviche Class!!!”

Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 172 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I had the pleasure of doing a ceviche class which also included a tour around Cusco and a private chef who taught me how to make the most delicious ceviche. In the end, they even gave me an apron! The staff was incredible...and the spa was one of the best I´ve been to all over the world. Thank you to the manager Juan Carlos and the other staff for a memorable experience. I'll be back and will highly recommend the hotel to everyone I encounter on my trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank melanie s

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Me and my wife stayed here in July 2011. Very nice room and while I don't know if I needed or not loved knowing that they were pumping oxygen in the room. Walking distance to most things in town it was a perfect central location. My only complaint would be the early check out but that is the way it is at all Cusco hotels because of the early arriving flights. Would come back in a heartbeat. And the breakfast was excellent too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fishtacomagazine
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at Casa Cartagena on business in June of 2012. The hotel was beautiful with Peruvian and Italian staples. The room was aesthetically pleasing and offered nice bathroom amenities. I really enjoyed the Pisco Sour class with the bartender. The hands-on lesson taught me how to make the drink and history about the hotel, Cusco and Peru. I work in the travel industry and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Roxydmb212
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel was in a great location right in the center of Cusco, close to the Cathedral. Our room was giant - much larger than we needed, actually. The modern design was a nice contrast with the historic surroundings. The hotel common areas had lots of interesting little spots to sit and enjoy a drink or cup of tea (tea station was always available in the lobby - nice touch), both inside and out in the lovely courtyard. Our room also had a nice little balcony overlooking the courtyard, with a table and two chairs.

Breakfast was good with lots of interesting choices. I would have preferred more coffee - had to wait a while for the first cup and refills seemed to be something they were not really anticipating - but service was pleasant. I enjoyed the pisco sour lesson with Edison the bartender. Dry cleaning service was timely and as expected.

Two minor complaints - the bathroom design, while sleek and lovely, was not practical. There was nowhere to hang towels, put toiletries, etc., yet there was enough space in there to have a dance floor. Since function is key to modern design, I thought that was odd. Also, on our second morning, breakfast was really not up and running yet - it started at 5:30 and we arrived ust after 6, but about a third of the food was not out yet and was just arriving as we were leaving for an early train. So if you need to be fed and out in a hurry, I recommend letting the hotel know, maybe the night before and again in the morning as soon as you wake up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had a fantastic experience at Casa Cartegena. We spent several nights there before and after our trek on the Inca Trail. I loved the decor, and can't say enough about the service. Truly outstanding!!! The staff at the front desk helped us make reservations in Aguas Calientes, called our treking company to help answer some of our questions, gave us a late check out when our son was ill, and were extremely attentive and helpful. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I had a great time while staying at Casa Cartagena. The service was great they all made me feel very welcome. One of the things I enjoyed while staying at the hotel was the architecture, modern but still conserving the old traditional feel of the area, also the breakfast was very tasty and the servers were great as well. I would definetely come back, Cuzco is a beautiful almost magical place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel was an excellent choice for our stay in Cusco. The hotel staff was great, going out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Breakfast was excellent, great coffee! The beds were nice and comfortable and the hotel, for the most part, was quiet. We definitely will be coming back to Casa Cartagena next time we are in Cusco.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends