We stayed for 3 nights, along with another couple. We had rooms facing the courtyard, on the main level and one with 2 rooms and a balcony on the second floor. Outside our room, we were treated to the sight of the Giant Hummingbird (robin size) on several occasions, as the hotel has a nice flower garden in the courtyard. The rooms were spacious and had a modern decor. The bathroom had a large shower, bathtub and vanity area. Warning - make sure you use the correct voltage plug. Our friends and my husband fried an electric toothbrush while trying to charge it.
The little things that mattered: pisco sours and other variations each night, an opportunity to learn how to make them, appies to go with the drink and a special staff member named Julie. Julie taught us how to make the drinks, saw us arrive after a day of touring and delivered a drink and appetizer to our room a few minutes later, served us in the dining room when we ate dinner there and always had a ready smile to go with her enjoyable personality. She made us feel special and helped to create our pleasant memories.
It's almost a year later and we still fondly remember our stay and Julie. We are returning to Peru next April and intend on staying at Casa Caragena again. I can't comment on the value of the property, as our stay was arranged by Kuoda Travel but we feel that they chose well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cartagena CuscoHigh in the Peruvian Andes lies the historic city of Cuzco, famous for its unique blend of Spanish and Incan cultures. Located just off a tranquil square behind the main plaza of Cuzco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa Cusco emerges after years of restoration, which respected the original design of the historic house, to become one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in the city. Its walls of carved stone, which combines warmth, elegance and perfection, invite you to experience the fascinating magic and traditional mysticism that will transport you through time in this historic Spanish house declared a cultural heritage site of Peru.Its lovely atmosphere was built on an ancient Incan site, occupied by the ruling nobility of that time and from which it takes its name: Casa Cartagena, former property of the local Spanish ruler of Cuzco, Don Fernando Cartagena and Santa Cruz.This luxury hotel in Cuzco is an intimate refuge that has only sixteen spacious and comfortable suites, which perfectly blend the modern with the ancestral and luxury with the historical. The rooms are distributed symmetrically along a spacious patio of your dreams where time is suspended. It is located in the historic center of Cuzco, which was declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site.Recovery from an exhausting trip to Machu Picchu or the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our Qoya Spa will be something truly unequalled. It can be perfectly complemented with a delicious dinner in our restaurant which offers the best of local cuisine, "La bodega de la Chola", where poet Pablo Neruda was inspired and Che Guevara shared bohemian nights; it is considered one of the best restaurants in Cuzco.All of these unique features of Casa Cartagena and our warm and personalized service will make your stay in Cuzco an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casa Cartagena And Spa
- Hotel Casa Cartagena Cusco