“Love this place!!!”

Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 14 June 2014

What a beautiful boutique hotel! Really centrally located. We walked everywhere.We love everything about this place. Hotel has amazing friendly staffs. It's nice, clean with beautiful decorates. It's a Historic Inca building, court yard is beautiful and has lot of flowers. Great breakfast!!

My husband was pretty sick from altitude, hotel is equipped with oxygen( wow!!), much more equipped then Colorado.

Ask staff for restaurant to go. Cicciolina Restaurant has great Tapas and is safe to eat salad there, you should watch how the guys at the bar clean the glasses. We ate 3 out of 4 meals here last 2 days in Peru. Marcelo is also a good place to go, make reservation and get the guys name that take your reservation.
Cusco and surrounding has so much to do and see, I don't understand why people are rushing though this city. We stayed 3 night, one night was before Machu Picchu.

Wish we had more times stay here in Cusco. Casa Cartagena is the most comfortable hotel we had stayed in Peru and is live up to it rating ****

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Rooms are huge with funky(?!!) decoration, beds are big & comfortable & staff were all very friendly. Great location near main square and several really good restaurants (like MAP & Fallen Angel) and museum of pre-Columbian art.
Had an excellent massage with Olga :)
Just don't arrange a pick-up at 8am on a school day - there is a primary school just down the road & one way barrow street becomes very chaotic!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Such a beautiful hotel. We had the royal suite to celebrate my boyfriend´s birthday and it was amazing!! Fantastic service! Best breakfast we have had in all of South America! Awesome location! Only problem was the spa was out of order during our time there which was not ideal.
I got a better price also by visiting the hotel myself instead of booking it online!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Hotel has an excellent location & is on a quiet street close to the main square, San Blas neighborhood and other Cusco’s attractions. The property is awesome inside and outside. The courtyard facing the rooms is a value added with a great atmosphere. I personally fell in love with the decoration of the hotel! The colonial building is decorated with a modern touch and it has an artistic flair. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern furniture, comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms. We also had a balcony overlooking the courtyard, which was very nice indeed. WiFi signal was surprisingly strong! The breakfast buffet was excellent; with a great selection of traditional Peruvian food and international dishes. The spa is charming, inspired to the Inca culture and it has an interesting list of treatments, with steam bath, hydro-massage pool and a nice view of San Blas neighborhood. The relaxing massage I had was wonderful, I still can remember it! Staff is extremely helpful and kind. Front desk people were always very professional and eager to solve any kind of issues and to give any kind of tips on what to do, where to eat, and where to shop in Cusco. It was without doubt an amazing experience and I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PSchicke
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I chose to stay here a night before hiking on the Salkantay Trek. It was a wonderful place to rest. I was greeted with papaya juice and coca tea. My room was a suite with a huge comfortable bed with crisp white sheets. The bath was big enough to lie in and soak. There was also a large shower and big wash basin.

I enjoyed the spa and steam room. For dinner I had tapas potatoes - an enormous plate for one - but just what I needed to load me with carbs. The breakfast had lovely fresh bread, muffins and croissants. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to enjoy the rest of the delightful fare. The hotel offered to make me a packed breakfast or lunch, as I had to leave early for my trek - but I didn't take it because we were getting breakfast on the trek.

The hotel is near the center of Cusco, handy for museums, craft shops and churches.

All the staff were extremely helpful and considerate. I started my trek, relaxed and healthy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank amhey
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We were here on 2 occasions 1st for 2 nights I had altitude sickness so we stayed at the hotel for the 1st day . The staff were very attentive with coca tea and lovely smiles we ate at the restaurant the food was nice but I would have liked some more choices I don't like chilli .I am gluten intolerant so I do find it hard so no fault to them .Mane was wonderful he brought vegetables & dip before our meal because I couldn't eat bread , very nice thought , we had a small band to listen to while eating . It made you feel special .we left to go to Machupiccu then came back they kept the account open till we returned .I love the Pisco Sour lesson and canapés each night a wonderful say thank you

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, along with another couple. We had rooms facing the courtyard, on the main level and one with 2 rooms and a balcony on the second floor. Outside our room, we were treated to the sight of the Giant Hummingbird (robin size) on several occasions, as the hotel has a nice flower garden in the courtyard. The rooms were spacious and had a modern decor. The bathroom had a large shower, bathtub and vanity area. Warning - make sure you use the correct voltage plug. Our friends and my husband fried an electric toothbrush while trying to charge it.
The little things that mattered: pisco sours and other variations each night, an opportunity to learn how to make them, appies to go with the drink and a special staff member named Julie. Julie taught us how to make the drinks, saw us arrive after a day of touring and delivered a drink and appetizer to our room a few minutes later, served us in the dining room when we ate dinner there and always had a ready smile to go with her enjoyable personality. She made us feel special and helped to create our pleasant memories.

It's almost a year later and we still fondly remember our stay and Julie. We are returning to Peru next April and intend on staying at Casa Caragena again. I can't comment on the value of the property, as our stay was arranged by Kuoda Travel but we feel that they chose well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple