All reviewsmaster suitepisco sour lessoncomplimentary pisco soursroyal suitemachu picchumodern designsteam roombeautiful hotelrooms are hugenice balconyevery eveningcoca teaoverlooking the courtyardthe main squarecolonial architecturerooms facebreakfast buffet
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This place exceeded my expectations. My room was stunning, elegantly decorated and huge! It was spotless, and they even do a turn down service during the evening to tidy the room again. The food and breakfasts are delicious, wide variety and really fresh. I had to leave really early my last day and they packed me a breakfast to go. The spa is beautiful, peaceful, and professional. My massage was fabulous and the sauna/whirlpool were very relaxing. Staff is attentive, friendly, and personable. I really enjoyed Maribell in the restaurant, and Juan, but everyone I interacted with was wonderful. I highly recommend this stunningly beautiful hotel. I will definitely recommend and stay again when I return to Cusco! Thank you!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hollydolly18
Stefano B, Gerente at Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you very much for share you comments with Trip Advisor community.

We are really glad to come to know that you spend a wonderful time in Casa Cartagena , Its great to know that you definetely enjoyed our outstanding & helpful service ,great food at restaurant ,lovely master suite thats made you felt extraordinary.

Also its great to know that you noticed our incredible attention for all of our guest
On behalf to all Casa Cartagena`s staff thank you very much also is great to see that you cannot say enough good things about our place , we hope to have your visit again in the future .

Julio Cesar Izquierdo Astete

Reviewed 29 October 2017

• Had a lot of the little pot lights that point straight up from the floor. Hard to see - very bright and in your eyes. This was outside on the stairs, too.
• Use of spa and sauna included
• Room 10 overlooking courtyard. Lovely courtyard.
• Couldn’t figure out how to turn on all the lights in the morning, so the room was quite dim. Frank figured it out; still dim. Room was so cavernous it echoes and Frank can’t hear me unless right beside me.
• VERY spacious. 2 huge rooms plus giant bathroom the length of the bedroom; in behind it
• Nice buffet breakfast; could also order eggs.
• Nice large hot tub in the spa but lots of chlorine burned our eyes. Brought us iced tea, unasked for.
• Lady from breakfast buffet saw us in the courtyard and came to ask if we wanted to have dinner in the restaurant. We didn’t believe it was, but did make reservations. We checked at the front desk, and they said it was not included in our package but called up a few minutes later to say that it was. I suspect they just did that because of the mix up.
• Bed was really low.
• Supper took a really long time, but the food was excellent. Huge portions for the appetizer. Two hours for supper! Three hours total.
• Janet ate guinea pig.
• Had original Colonial art frescoes on the wall. And modern furniture! Seemed an odd mix.
• Complimentary water
• Front desk staff helpful; although their English seemed limited
• Breakfast box: no choices; bread was dry and hard. No butter or mayo or mustard. However , it didn’t seem like they usually butter their bread anywhere in Peru. (At the hotel restaurant at dinner we had to ask for it; at the Inkaterra they would have 3 pats on the table for 4 guests.) (It was a ham & cheese sandwich in the breakfast box.)
• The toilet was in a separate room from the tub/shower and yet a fan went on with the lights. Seemed odd, and was annoying. It seemed to be motion sensitive so if you had to get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities, it would be noisy
Not sure if the rooms beside the road would be noisy due to traffic.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for share you comments with Trip Advisor community.

We are really glad to know that you spend a wonderful time in Casa Cartagena , Its great to know that you definetely enjoyed our outstanding & helpful service ,lovely suite thats made you felt extraordinary.

On behalf to all Casa Cartagena`s staff thank you very much , we hope to have your visit again in the future .

Julio Cesar Izquierdo Astete

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a very cool authentic Cusco style architecture hotel. We booked a family suite and they upgraded us to a huge 2 bedroom suite. It was so incredibly nice we could not believe it and we absolutely appreciated the upgrade and the amazing room. The grounds here are stunning and very old world meets modern world and what a beautiful marriage it is. The location is good and the hotel staff is lovely and works hard.

The spa was quite lovely and both my husband and I got massages. The hot tub pool was very nice but kept very hot so my kids had a hard time getting in. They have a steam room and it is very cool.

If you have laundry I recommend asking the hotel for the closest laundry facility because we were able to walk down an ally and down a block to find someone to do our wash and it was much cheaper than using a hotel although it took all day to get the clothing back.

The only reason why I give it 4 stars is because the food was really not good at all. I am sorry to say this but it is what my whole family thought.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank renee94903
Stefano B, Gerente at Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Perfect hotel. Amazing staff, coupled with an historic building beautifully restored, great food and a very nice Spa.
This hotel is as good as any 5 star hotel we have stayed in, but without being pretentious. good value to boot , you can’t go wrong!
Also perfect location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for share you comments with Trip Advisor community.

We fell really glad to know that you spend a wonderful time in Casa Cartagena , Its great to know that you definetely enjoyed our great Suites and you loved the location.

We hope to have your visit again in the future .

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

A real find! Vast super cool suite, with everything you could want or need, peaceful location, delicious breakfast - an oasis of calm and sophistication in this ancient city and a perfect springboard from which to launch on a six day trek to Machu Picchu

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Stefano B, Gerente at Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Richard L :

Thank you so much for share your comments with Trip Advisor community.
All Casa Cartagena Team is glad to know that we exceeded your expectations from the beginning to the end of your stay .

Thanks for your appreciation about our wonderful location and unique breakfast .

We would like to have your visit in the future.

Best Wishes