“Wonderful Cusco Boutique Hotel, A Dream!!!”

Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I was walking by & peaked in & was done. I was the first walk in ever!!! Great Decor, Food, Staff. I have stayed all over the world & this is right up there!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2010

Just a hidden gem!!! love the place, love the food and love the service............

Reviewed 4 April 2010

What can I say, very beautiful, elegant and refined. The thing that struck me most was the atmosphere that we live in this hotel unlike any other I've visited from Lima until I arrived in Cusco.I found it spectacular the world design pieces mixed with the Inka walls or beautiful original fresco of 1700. They are the only one that have a different option, I was tired of all the same hotels with no caracther and boring all with the same taste. Then it fascinated me the fact that people like the poet Pablo Neruda and Ernesto Che Guevara visited that house, I used to spend my evening thinking on this and all the history of the Inka and Spanish while I was sitting in my beautiful private balcony!!!The service gets a 10!! and his staff very cordial and friendly, I was offered an upgrade for the same price, they gave me a master suite of 80 m2!!! The luxury room was the best I had in my trip to Peru. I loved Cusco unfortunately I could not see Machu Pichu but my residence in Cartagena House allowed me to enjoy the wonders of the city of Cusco, which has nothing to envy any other city in the world. Thanks to all the staff of Casa Cartagena definitely come back !!!!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2010

The hotel is very pretty, the decoration inside the rooms is modern and hip. However, beware of the bathrooms. There is no hot water and enough pressure in the second floor rooms. I tried to take a shower and got pretty cold. There was so little water pressure that I couldn't take off the shampoo. I had to open the cold water and - of course - I almost freezed to death. BEWARE!!!!

3  Thank CPCRG
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This is a brand new hotel, about 1 year since it opened. The staff was extremely friendly & professional. Rooms were very funky with really nice, modern bathrooms. Beautiful, world class spa & heated pool overlooking the hills around this ancient city of Cusco. Strongly recommend you to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2010

An incredible hotel!!

Firstly, the rooms were sensational and not to be faulted, we had everything our hearts desired! The staff were incredible, and we had breakfast brought to our room every morning when we chose it to be.

We used the spa facilities daily which are beautiful!

I really cannot describe what it was like, than to say it was ideal! The staff, the location (absolutely perfect, minutes away from the Plaza de Armas, near great restaurants and clubs and walking distance to Sacsayhuaman), the atmosphere!

Perfect place to stay when visiting Cusco!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Casa Cartagena is really awesome! It was like staying in a piece of history but it has really funky contemporary touches like chairs and tables that light up and a huge, glass globe in the garden that glows at night. We met the Italian owner Stefano who told us it is a protected heritage building he fell in love with. Well, so did we!

I don’t think we have ever stayed in a hotel where we felt so much at home. And what a home! We had two humongous suites, numbers 10 and 11, and by closing a door it was like a 2-room apartment with a small hall in between, so my mother-in-law was really close but not on top of us.

We had read that the rooms had an oxygen system and this comforted my mother-in-law, although in fact she did not need it as she had no problems with the altitude, except for feeling a bit out of breath when she climbed stairs and if she walked too fast. Actually we all noticed the difference.

The staff were really friendly asking us each morning where we were going and then enquiring about our day when we got back. One evening we had a great Peruvian meal in the La Chola restaurant, another night the two of us had a romantic dinner on our balcony.

The only pity was we did not get to spentd more time relaxing in the garden and in the great Jacuzzi in the spa. Next year we are coming back to celebrate our 10th anniversary, this time without Gran! And, as we’ve done Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we plan to spend 3 days chilling out with plenty of spa treatments, Pisco Sour cocktails, and no early wake-up calls!

Our advice is that anyone going to Cusco would be crazy to stay anywhere else. It has to be Casa Cartagena. Also because it is so central, the main square is just 5 minutes down the road. Take my word for it, you will never regret it and never forget it!

Paca7, Dublin