What a spectacular hotel!
The location is perfect! It’s near by everything anyone visiting Cuzco needs, but placed strategically in a calm beautiful street.
The hotel is very beautiful with great decoration. It maintains all the “history” of this traditional home, perfectly combined with modern funky touches.
The gardens are lovely. We enjoyed our breakfasts and tea in there. Lovely.
Our bedroom was incredible. Big room with two levels witch makes very comfortable for a family to stay. Beds where delicious, decoration great, the bathroom was amazing, enormous very modern.
Every member of the staff we met was dedicated to make us fill super comfortable and at home and they really accomplish their goal. We are a five member family, my husband, two boys 13 and 10 and a baby 1 year old and we all where extremely happy and comfortable in the hotel.
Food was great! Even the special food we asked the chef for the baby was delicious.
And last but not least: The SPA! What can I say; it’s a World-class spa. And the heated pool with a great view to the mountains is best place to be after hours of walking through the city. We really enjoyed it.
I Strongly recommend this hotel! It is really AMAZING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cartagena CuscoHigh in the Peruvian Andes lies the historic city of Cuzco, famous for its unique blend of Spanish and Incan cultures. Located just off a tranquil square behind the main plaza of Cuzco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa Cusco emerges after years of restoration, which respected the original design of the historic house, to become one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in the city. Its walls of carved stone, which combines warmth, elegance and perfection, invite you to experience the fascinating magic and traditional mysticism that will transport you through time in this historic Spanish house declared a cultural heritage site of Peru.Its lovely atmosphere was built on an ancient Incan site, occupied by the ruling nobility of that time and from which it takes its name: Casa Cartagena, former property of the local Spanish ruler of Cuzco, Don Fernando Cartagena and Santa Cruz.This luxury hotel in Cuzco is an intimate refuge that has only sixteen spacious and comfortable suites, which perfectly blend the modern with the ancestral and luxury with the historical. The rooms are distributed symmetrically along a spacious patio of your dreams where time is suspended. It is located in the historic center of Cuzco, which was declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site.Recovery from an exhausting trip to Machu Picchu or the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our Qoya Spa will be something truly unequalled. It can be perfectly complemented with a delicious dinner in our restaurant which offers the best of local cuisine, "La bodega de la Chola", where poet Pablo Neruda was inspired and Che Guevara shared bohemian nights; it is considered one of the best restaurants in Cuzco.All of these unique features of Casa Cartagena and our warm and personalized service will make your stay in Cuzco an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casa Cartagena And Spa
- Hotel Casa Cartagena Cusco