“Fresh, wholesome, healthy, tasty, SO GOOD!”
Review of Greens Organic

Greens Organic
Ranked #27 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just thinking about this restaurant and writing a review is making me hungry. My wife and I ate here on a Friday in October and got to the restaurant at 11:52 am.

At the time, there were numerous tables available and only 1 other couple eating there. We grabbed the balcony table for 2 and enjoyed people watching while we dined here.

The place has a tall airy feel with pretty much all wood furniture. There appears to be a takeout window.

We ordered:

S$10 - Juice : mango, orange, passion fruit, tamarind nectar
S$10 - Juice : mango, passion fruit, peppermint, soursop nectar

S$38 - African curry with seasoned vegetables, sweet potato, red beans in a curry base on ginger, cumin, garlic and lime chill with splash of coconut milk served with cous cous

S$48 - Alpaca Medalions with grated blue cheese served on top of creamy yellow potato mash and grilled asparagus

The juices were a 5 out of 5! Excellent blends of flavours and although our drinks were similar in some fruits, they were still different in taste.

My wife gives a 4.5 / 5 for the curry which had an interesting spice blend. It was tasty and filling.

Alpaca to me tasted a lot like beef, it was soft, juicy, just yummy. The potatoes and sweet potato in our dishes were really good as well.

I wish I was more of a writer with a larger vocabulary so that I could describe exactly how good this place was, definitely a place to eat at and return to.

1  Thank easyHwolf
Write a ReviewReviews (2,207)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was our go to spot for breakfast and dinner. It is clean, healthy and the service is great. Especially one waiter named Antonio. Most if the menu is 100% organic and is simply a delight. IT´s a small cute and relaxing environment. Definitely a go to!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I saw an ad for Green Organic restaurant on the LAN flight to Cusco, so when I saw it right off the main plaza, I decided to give it a try. My salad for lunch was so good that I went back for dinner. The trout tiradito was delicious- thin slices of trout in a creamy, lemony sauce. The alpaca with ratatouille was also wonderful- beautifully seasoned and tasty. It's a small place, with a light, open feeling. At lunch, I was able to get one of the tables overlooking the plaza so I had a great view. There's a nice bar, and a decent wine selection- somewhat unusual for restaurants in Cusco.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I liked Greens Organic so much that we visited here at least 3 or 4 times during our stay in Cusco. They have a great selection of pasta dishes, many of which are vegetarian, and salads. The main dishes consist of meats and sides, my husband loved their alpaca while I stuck to the vegetable pastas! Also, we thought their pisco sours were some of the best in Cusco, and cheaper than any other restaurant we visited. Worth a visit for lunch or dinner.

Carlos Z, Director Comercial at Greens Organic, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear customer, we are very happy that your experience was really good. Also our pastas, vegetarian dishes and our main dishes with alpaca are of the highest quality and organic products. We invite you to return soon. Best Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The first time I went to Greens, the service was not very good. We were seated at a low table with armchairs as a better table was not available. This would have been OK but we were with an elderly lady and it was not comfortable for her. We asked to move when it was possible. A Spanish couple then came in and were given a table before us. The waiter told us 'they came first' when I asked, but this is not true. Food service was then exceptionally slow, and despite ordering first the Spanish couple were given their food well ahead of us. However, when the food came my goats cheese panini was excellent so I could forgive the other failures. The food was so nice I then returned the next day for lunch. Service was slightly better but this time I ordered a vegetable tempura. The vegetables were too heavily battered and the batter had a very thick peanutty taste. This was not at all 'Asian tempura' as I knew it. I could not eat it and had to force down a couple of broccoli not to look rude.

Dear Customer, First, thank you for your sincerity and for your comment. About the Spanish couple who was treated first, we would like to tell that this couple had a reservation and were waiting to be served. We regret the misunderstanding here. Also, we always try to give the best service to our customers despite having a small space. We apologize for any inconvenience. Best Regards