“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Qosqo

Hotel Royal Qosqo
Ranked #92 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Moved here after being in another hostel high up in the city which at this altitude was exhausting everyday. This is tucked around the corner off the main square, it has simple clean rooms and the girls on reception Araceli and Leydi are very friendly and helpful. They also have an agent in reception who can arrange all the trips you'll want to do while in Cusco.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cusco, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We came upon this hotel by chance after wandering around Cusco looking at all the different options. We got the room for much cheaper than originally quoted (it was low season) and were very happy with our choice. The rooms are cleaned every day, the staff are very helpful and friendly (particularly when we both got ill), they looked after our luggage free of charge when we went on a trek and the location is just a few mins walk from the main square. Rooms around the courtyard are best.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Almere, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed in Hotel Royal Qosqo for a total of 4 nights during our stay in Cuzco. The hotel was a mixed bag with some good points being heavily out balanced by some negatives.

The good:

The hostel staff is friendly and helpful. The door was always opened quickly when getting back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning and the staff was very able to answer some questions about Cuzco. During our Inca trail trek we stored our bags in the hostel and this was very well arranged. The rooms themselves are decent with reasonable beds and a good television.

The bad:

First of all our room was extremely noisy. When people walked pass our room on the wooden walkway we would literally shake in our beds. Also it seemed like all sounds from adjoining rooms and patio were somehow amplified. After roughly 00:00 all water is cut off. This includes that water you need to flush the toilet. This was very annoying since you need to toilet after returning from a few beers at 02:00 am. The breakfast that is included in the room price is a joke and consists out of two buns with jelly.

Overall I can not recommend this hostel. There are much better alternatives in Cuzco for the price that Hotel Royal Qosqo is charging.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelroyalqosqo, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Royal Qosqo, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

All problems regarding the rooms and water service were overcome, and now will be offering a free buffet breakfast. We hope you visit us again and offer you the best of Hotel Royal Qosqo.

Kind Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Cusco hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I've stayed here twice now and both times have been completly satisfied by it. The staff are friendly, the rooms clean, the water hot (not just warm, a rarity for south America on a relitively small budget) and the wifi reliable and fast.

Okay, if you get up early you have to ask for hot water, but the showers have water pressure, so even a cold shower is satisfying. The breakfast is also basic (bread, jam, butter, tea or coffee) but tastes good.

As for bed bugs, no sign of them and I've stayed here twice in two different rooms (and know other people in more different rooms test didn't have them either).

Overall, I'm staying in peru for two months and will be in Cuzco again and I believe that you would be hard pressed to find a hotel with the same facilities, at a similar great location, for the same price. I will definatly be staying here again when I'm in Cuzco next.

• Stayed July 2011
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed eight days and made the Royal Qosqo my base while travelling to Puno and Lake Titicaca, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and local tours. Great security for extra luggage you want to leave behind to lighten your load. Excellent attentive service throughout. Great location in a fascinating corner of Qosqo one block from central square. Excellent restaurants, travel agencies, discos and shopping within eyesight. Good clean comfortable beds, hot showers, clean bathrooms, a great continental breakfast and help with regional tours and travel plans.

Noemi (reception - day), Cynthia (admin) and Miguel (reception - night) are a GREAT team.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Cusco, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I live in Cusco but when my folks came to stay from Australia recently, I had them stay at Royal Qosqo. I looked at a lot of different places and chose it because of its location and facilities - it's really REALLY central but seemed quiet and cheaper than other places so centrally located. I'm glad I didn't think to check Trip Advisor first because the comments here would have put me off but I'm happy to say our experience was really really good. The service was friendly, the place was indeed quiet, the garden was a great place to chill out, and we had no problems with cold water or bedbugs. I really think this place is good value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobalicona
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

Don't go there! As I had bites at my body and also saw this animals crawiling in my bed at night I had to throw away a lot of my stuff, because I did wanna take them home with me. But I wasn't lucky, at home I had to get professionel help, because I had bedbugs in my bags. So if you are looking for a nice holiday, this is not the place you should stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank langobarde
hotelroyalqosqo, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Royal Qosqo, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

This problem happened in a former administration, is now all passed, we invite you to come back and see the difference. We will be glad to change the image he had of us.

Kind Regards,