“Met our needs in Cusco”

La Hosteria de Anita
Ranked #48 of 498 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I spent three nights here before our Lares Trek and one night after, each time in a quad room. Our first room was clean and nicely set up but on our return the quad we had was less desirable. The bathroom in the second room was moldy, had an odd smell and was poorly set up. Each night we were there we asked for a heater but none was ever available, making it quite chilly for sleeping and after showers. The various receptionists that were on duty while we were there were helpful, the breakfast was adequate, we were able to send out laundry and were able to store our luggage while on the trek. Since we were only in our room to sleep and did not use the small common area or gardens because we were out all day Hosteria de Anita met our needs, especially for the price we paid. I think if we had experienced the second room on the first stay, however, we might have changed to other lodgings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter, cousin and I stayed there July 1. I received an e-mail they would be picking us up from the airport with a big sign. We had to phone about 10x & they finally showed up after 40 minutes. In the meantime my daughter got sick with altitude sickness. When we arrived to the hotel we had to climb a hill of about 30 steps and the entrance is on a little entrance on the back of a main road, which we could have done if we were not at 3,400 meters above sea level. It's not advisable to do any strenuous activity when you arrive to Cusco. My cousin, and I got a head ache. I went to ask for help at the reception. The receptionist wasn't very helpful. She had to call the manager. I had to ask her many times what I could do to help my daughter. The rooms looked beautifully decorated and warm tones. It was very cold & I requested a heater, which took 2 hours to heat up the room. I stayed overnight & checked out the next day. Their breakfast was OK & they had plenty of coca tea.
I don't think I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights before doing the Salkantay trek. The rooms are good, basic but have all you need.

Breakfast is good cereal, fresh fruit, bread rolls eggs.

Location is very close to main square, 5min walk, but is tucked away up a pedestrian only walkway which makes it quiet at night. This is good because all of south America is in love with their car horn.

They even stored our bags despite the fact we weren't staying with them after our trek

Room Tip: Would try for an upstairs room as the floors are wooden
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here in a double bedroom. Hostel is in a great location and staff are friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the mould all over the bathroom ceiling which was most likely due to how cold the room was. You can pay $3 a night for a heater which we had to do because we were frozen! There is no hot water in the sink, and the shower was either roasting or freezing, but these are only minor issues.

Good value by cusco standards.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our family of 4 had a spacious room in this cozy hosteria. The location was great in the San Blas neighborhood, just off the main streets so it was quiet. Our room had an amaziing view of the city. The staff was wonderful, helpful and accommodating. We wanted to stay longer but they were fully booked. The manager Cinthia was so helpful, she booked us a couple of rooms at their sister hotel Mallqui. La Hosteria Anita is a GREAT value and we would recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlieHawaii
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Nice place, but as the most of the Cuzco hotels the water for bath never get warm enough. Coca tea all the time and the breakfast are the higher points of it.The staff were attentive, friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We recently stayed at the Hostel de Anita on two occasions and found it to be great in every respect. The staff were attentive, friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was fulfilling with a good choice of cereal, fruit, breads and eggs etc. The rooms were clean and the showers hot. Also we were pleased with its location being close to the Plaza de Armas but located on a pedestrian only street which made it quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cusco
Amaru Valle Hotel
#56 of 498 in Cusco
La Posada del Viajero
La Posada del Viajero
#6 of 390 in Cusco

Been to La Hosteria de Anita? Share your experiences!