“Nice hostel but didnt sleep well here”

and 1 more site!
Bright Hostels Cusco
Ranked #281 of 434 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice hostel but didnt sleep well here”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hostel was nice enough, staff were friendly and the price was reasonable. I stayed here for 3 nights in total over 2 occassions... both times I slept badly. The matresses on the beds were worn and had big dips in the middle... that goes for the 2 different rooms I had. Bad nights sleep all round!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cusco, Peru
Reviewed 22 May 2013

So the Bright Hostal has improved greatly and the management is as friendly and informative as always. Jose is a great source of info plus tour operator. They have a place in Machu Pichu so doing tours with them is a snap.

Room Tip: the top floor is nice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Good service, fast Wi-Fi, calm and quiet place to rest and near everything. Hot shower and not too much annoying travellers asking same questions over and over again. I extended my stay because I liked it so much. Polite employees and owner is super nice. Lots of blankets, not cold at all.

• Stayed April 2013
Manila
Reviewed 7 March 2013

For a bed for the night it was ok. We ad booked 2 nights seperated by a trip to Machu Pichu on both occasions I was split up from my friends and put in the hostel across the lane. They ad over booked but apparently they do this by choice and if there s no room oh well.

The laundry service is not any good the air dry stuff so if it rains you stuff is soaked and dirty ( good news is there is a cheep and fast service 2 minute walk away) .

The staff were friendly enough but not too bothered about anything. This place is cheap and in a good location but I wouldn't stay there by choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Cusco hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2013

...1 star for the comfy warm bed, 1 star for the warm shower... for most thats enough.. the first room we were given had lots holes in the wall with no power outlets for us to charge our things and was single bunks when we booked double beds, and the second room was more like small attic, with the a sloping roof. There were large gaps in the door which let cold air in, there was no window, exposed wiring (looked like a construction site), the bathroom basin saturated the floor so we had to give up one of our towels to mop it up over night and the hostel had a strange smell.. we only stayed one night and that was more than enough.. On our first stay in Cusco we payed a little extra, and the difference was enormous.. try elsewhere...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaPricklyPear
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This is not a real hostel. My friend and I (both women age 25) searched for one hour in the dark trying to find this place. We had the exact address, and still could not locate it. We knocked on every door at the given address (which actually included several buildings in a little alley), asking about Bright Hostel, and not a single person had ever heard of it. Finally, as we decided to just walk until we found another available hostel I saw a boy come out of a door that had not answered before when we knocked. I quickly ran over and asked him if he knew where Bright Hostel was. He turned inside and yelled to someone, then came back out the door and said to come in. When we entered, there was a piece of paper taped on the wall that said Bright Hostel with WiFi information, so we realized this was the hostel. To our surprise, the boy asked us for our passports. I felt uncomfortable handing my passport to a boy that couldn't even answer right away if this was in fact Bright Hostel without checking with someone else, even though he appeared to be the person working there. We asked to see the room before we gave our passports. It was dark, there were zero other travelers, it was not set up like a hostel, and it was only the boy and what appeared to be his father and a screaming newborn child. This place might be a hostel one day, but arriving around 10pm to a location with NO sign whatsoever, and employees who aren't even sure of it's name, and numerous next door neighbors who had never heard of a hostel being there (including another hostel across the alley), we were afraid to stay here as two young women. I have never in my life not stayed at a hostel I booked, so I assure you I am not overreacting. This is a shady place and hostelbookers needs to investigate the legitimacy. I was extremely disappointed when hostelbookers charged me for the night even though I did not stay there and explained to them the situation. I will never use hostelbookers again for how they treated me, and I would never recommend this fake hostel to anyone.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy H
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Our room didnt have a window, it was really dark and quite cold.
It seemed that the people lived there as well and the common areas were always used by the family as well (which wouldnt be a problem if you didnt feel like you were intruding all the time). They werent really welcoming and we felt quite uncomfortable.
The breakfast was really basic, bread and jam type, no coffee.
I think they were refurbishing the house because we were woken up very early by a lot of noise and tools were constantly in the 'common area'.
Although it was adverised with a kitchen, it wasnt possible for the guests to use it. They said it was possible to have tea at any time but as we had no access to the kitchen we had to ask them ( and bother them) and had to wait for ages before getting boiling water....
All in all, it was cheap accomodation but really really basic.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple