“Wonderland!”

The Guest House at Fallen Angel
Ranked #61 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
“Wonderland!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We read on trip advisor about this exclusive little guesthouse, after already having booked at a different hotel, upon ready the reviews and seeing the photos we decided to cancel our booking we had already made, and book here instead.
One of the best decisions!

I might be a little in love with this place. The décor is quirky and kitsch and funky and weird, nothing matches, but everything comes together in an unbalanced perfect harmony. It is difficult to explain, you’ll have to see it to understand and appreciate its bizarre brilliance, as the photos can only give you a glimpse of the reality.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and eager to help in any way possible.
I stayed in the Blue Room, with is like a loft apartment, and I simply loved every single thing in the room, from the colour of the walls to the flower vase and lights. It felt like home! Now if only I could re-do my home to look like this. Every evening each guest is given a warm water bag to warm up your bed – a very nice touch.

Located in the corner of the Plaza Nazarenas, a block above the Plaza des Armas – it is difficult to find a more central location.

Breakfast is included – but is set, it is not a buffet, which did not bother me at all, as this is a guesthouse after all, and not a hotel. You can choose at what time you would like your breakfast to be served, and if you would like to have breakfast in your room, or downstairs in the courtyard.
The first morning we had scrambled eggs, grilled tomato mushrooms, bacon, fresh spinach leaves and crostini’s, served with a lovely freshly made fruit smoothy, and coffee or tea. This was followed by more coffee of tea and 2 traditional tamales, one savoury and one sweet – a definite hunger stopper of a breakfast.

The second morning we had again a lovely fresh fruit smoothy, followed by 2 eggs sunny side up, over a bed of Asian style vegetables, which sound odd, but the combination was yummy. For breakfast dessert we were served a delightful crepe with friend banana and apples, and a light caramel sauce.

Criticism on the breakfast would be that they should ask you how you would like your eggs done, as I know of many people who cringe at the thought of runny egg yolk (my father being one of them, which them on the second morning did not touch his eggs.
Actually for this peculiar little guesthouse, that would be the only criticism I have.

Do make a booking at the Fallen Angel, or at least stop by and ask to have a look at the rooms, there is no other place like this in the world!

Room Tip: I saw 4 of the 5 rooms, I loved the White room the most, as it has a small gym and kitchen as well...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karin H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hotel is completely different to anything I have never seen before. Nevertheless, after been there a few hours, I loved it. The hotel personnel was great with us, very kind and anxious to help us in everything we need. It is absolutely necessary to mention the exquisite cousine that have this hotel.
The location is very convenient, is uphill, just behind the Cathedral and the city's square, where there are a lot of restaurant and stores.

Room Tip: The "Passion" suite is great,is very romantic and big. It has a small dinning room and you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

this hotel was fantastic. we spent one night here as a treat after completing the Salkantay trek and we wished we could have stated for longer. the rooms are full of character - like no where i've been before. there's loads of artefacts and art on the walls which you can buy - we ended up with 2 pieces. the food was delicious - we had dinner in the restaurant and then the breakfast in our room the next day was the best I've ever had. a full 3 course breakfast! and it was inclusive in the room. the staff were really friendly and helpful and sorted out our travel to Titicaca the next day. i would highly recommend to anyone who can stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Eustace, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel is tastefully quirky and beautifully eclectic, each room a unique pleasure. My husband and I and our 18 year old niece stayed here for 3 nights, checked out and moved across the street to The Monastario...which was a mistake - The Fallen Angel made The Monastario seem boring and over-priced. We had a marvelous stay at this hotel and wished we could have stayed longer.
The hotel's restaurant is outstanding. The breakfasts, which were delivered to our rooms, were Peruvian perfect.
If there's any one thing that makes this hotel superb, it's the staff. During our stay, I went shopping and somewhere along the way, I lost my iPhone, credit cards and ID, Carlos did everything he could possibly do technologically to help find my phone. Alex spent hours with me, backtracking thru the markets and finally helping me fill out a report at the police station. These gentlemen went way above and beyond guest helpfulness...they made me feel like family. I'm certain that if you make the wise choice to stay with them , they'll make you feel the same. The Fallen Angel SHOULD be ranked among the top 5 in Cusco.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. You can't select a bad one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pretty-Rough-Ranch
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have visited the Fallen Angel on many occassions over many years, and it never fails to deliver, this chic venue, would compete easily with boutique establishments the world over.

On my last visit last week, the steaks were awesome and the cocktails were strong, my 40 ( yes forty) strong group loved the venue and a very good time was had by all.. thank you as ever Fallen Angel .. till next year!!

Discover Adventure Crew

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank BrunnersBristol
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Um, wow. This place made Cusco (and Peru!) for us. The four personalised suites .... wow. Each one crazier and crazier than the next in decor and luxury. The artwork - incredible. The restaurant - amazing. World class, definitely. More like something you would find in Sweden or Manhattan, really. Carlos the host is this hotel's best asset though -- personal recs for everything, will call places and book good tables for you (in Spanish! great for us Aussies). A rare five stars fo rthis guy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This place is not for everyone: you love it or hate it! Having said that, it is in a great location and the rooms are a good size. The Yellow room has a lovely balcony overlooking Plaza Nazarenas. The food and drinks in the restaurant are pretty good - and you can sit at a table with a glass top and watch goldfish swimming about under the glass. Poor things - I hope they remember to feed them every day!!

Room Tip: the white suite is fab. The yellow room has a lovely balcony overlooking the plaza.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo