Encantada Casa Boutique Spa
US$134
US$490
US$456
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan blasa hot water bottlemi maneramachu picchugarden roomspa servicesinca trailcity noiseoverlooking cuscothe main squarefourth floorwalk uphillyogurtcoca teabalcony overlookingbreadlovely boutique
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here before and after our trek to Machu Picchu and were very happy with the experience. Most of the reviews are quite accurate. The only downside to our stay was the noise from the lobby, but this seems to be the case with most hotels in Cuzco (with the design of the hotel such that all of the rooms revolve around a centrally located meeting space.) With that said, there is a buzz in the air because most of the guests staying there are all on a mission to cross something off of the bucket list!

The hotel has a lot of outstanding features. The view from our small balcony is spectacular, the location is perfect (an easy walk to the Plaza Del Armas, many cheap laundry places, and great restaurants.) Breakfast is plentiful and we even set our alarms to ensure we made it on time. Perfect spot in Cuzco!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lelaily
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I can't say enough how nice the staff at Encantada are at welcoming you and giving good information on places to eat and see. The rooms are nice and the bed comfortable with a nice touch of them placing a warm water bottle to make that transition into the bed an easy one (kinda makes me want to do that to my toilet seat some days). The breakfast they offer is all very fresh and nice with an option to have a custom omelet which ends around 9am but they were really nice and allowed us extra time because we woke up late, they were super nice about it. More than likely you are going from cusco to see Machu Picchu and may not be able to take all your bags they held on to our extra bags until we came back the next day to stay before our flight out and it was no problem. It is also in a great location to go explore the main square to get some great food and do some shopping for gift for friends and family, or just cool trinkets for yourself. My wife and I will love to stay here again on our next trip to cusco. Thank you all so much for the great stay!

P.s. Buy your stuff in cusco instead of Machu Picchu, it's all made there and brought to Machu for a steeper price for the same stuff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Arrived here after long journey from Sacred Valley.We were tired and cold and found to our delight the hotel had put a heater in our room, plus hot-water bottles in our bed Pure Bliss! Even better they provided excellents room service (hot chicken sandwich!) and all breakfasts were freshly prepared. Great base for seeing Cusco ( and they did our laundry within 24hrs!) They cooked us an excellent dinner later which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: There is no lift so choose a room to your ability to climb stairs - upto 4th floor but excellent views if you manage to get there!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tessamum
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here while visiting Cusco and absolutely loved it. Ask for a room with a balcony; the view of the town is absolutely breathtaking, especially when it is all lit up at night. The hotel is about a 10-minute easy walk to Plaza de Armas. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is beautifully decorated, and the restaurant was also good. The staff puts hot water bottles in the bed each night, which is pleasant. The only minor issue we had was that the road is very narrow and taxis did not want to drive on it, so we often had to walk uphill from San Blas to the hotel. This was only a problem when we first arrived and had to carry all our luggage up the hill! Otherwise our stay was delightful. We would stay here again and definitely recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, especially on the third floor or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aerosfire
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very nice hotel, a pearl in the middle of Cuscos magnificient old town. Cusco was my favourite city on my Peru trip, and this hotel made the stay even more worthwile. The staff was very friendly, the location is great (only a short walk to Plaza des Armas) and the view from there was great, since its located a bit uphill. This was no problem for me, but for people which are in no good health or in their senior years, it may be a problem, since Cusco is so high above sea level, even a short walk or a flight of stairs is very exhausting, and the hotel is uphill. The only think I disliked was the following incident, I was travelling alone and wanted to eat dinner in the hotel. Since a large travel group was ordering food, I was told I had to wait for 2 hours until I could get something to eat, this I found unacceptable, I wasn’t even offered the menu, and there was at least one free table at the ‘restaurant’ which is actually just a section of the lobby. Besides that, the Hotel was great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are big and nice, and have access to the 'front porch' where you have a great view of Cusco.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo