“I cannot say enough good things about...”

Encantada Casa Boutique Spa
Ranked #15 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I cannot say enough
good things about this hotel. We stayed five nights and were so sorry to leave. The staff are really professional and nothing is too much trouble. For example, we broke our stay to go to Machu
Picchu overnight. When we got back, our room was waiting for us with our bags already there and everything perfect. They arranged taxis, stored our valuables and did our laundry for us. Breakfast is gorgeous - fresh juice, breads and fruits in the lovely lobby. The rooms are spotless, very modern, great bathrooms and comfortable
beds. And free wi-fi! This place is a gem. I wish I could live there!

There are newer reviews for Encantada Casa Boutique Spa

Reviewed 28 June 2010

We stayed at the Encantada for 3 nights before and 1 night after our trek. The staff at this hotel is absolutely the most helpful and friendly staff that you can imagine, a terrific place to stay in Cusco.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandC_Fl_USA
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights with another couple prior to our Macchu Picchu excursion. Left most of our luggage there and then returned for 2 more nights. Located on a quiet street and within walking distance of everything. Also, close to the Inca Ruins...within walking distance!T he staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The lobby is open and airy and you can enjoy the fireplace in the evening. The owners have a 5 Star Restaurant at 2 Star prices. I strongly recommend eating there at least one night! Also

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunred10
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a total of three nights and hiked the Inca Trail with the hotel's owner, Marco, as guide. Marco and his wife, Nicole, are extremely knowledgeable not only about the city of Cusco itself, but about all the history, traditions, flora, fawna, and hiking trails of Peru.

When we arrived in Cusco, our bags with all our gear didn't arrive with us! Marco was very proactive in helping us acquire the gear we needed locally to make it on the trail. The best part was that Nicole relentlessly tracked down our lost luggage and aranged to have it delivered to us on the trail via mule!

I would highly recommend Encantada as your center in Cusco. It's within walking distance of almost everything and the ambiance brings comfort to the weariest of travellers.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank byetis
Reviewed 26 May 2010

The staff was exceptional in every way, despite some minor issues with our reservation ( it is always difficult to make plans from halfway across the world ) they went above and beyond to solve the problem and make our stay a truly wonderful experience. The location is easy walking distance to downtown plaza - yet far enough away to be quiet. The Hotel itself is truly beautiful, wonderfully decorated and maintained, a classic boutique hotel. I really want to say again how great we were treated by everyone on the staff - it was an exceptional experience and we truly appreciated all they did to make our stay a perfect one.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyimagery
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This hotel was chosen for us by Llama Path who planned our entire Peru itinerary. The staff were incredible!!! I ended up getting VERY sick while I was in Cusco and they helped my husband to a pharmacy and told him what types of fluids to get for me. My family ended up having to do the Inca Trail with Llama Path and leaving their sick mom behind. The staff promised my husband they would look after me, and they did! I will never forget them or their caring mannerisms. The hotel is located up a little hill over looking the town, which is beautiful at night. The breakfast is wonderful, and there is always tea and coffee available. We also were able to get our clothes washed and I've never had such perfectly folded clothes in all my life!
As soon as I walked into the hotel I just "felt comfortable". I can't praise them enough. and I'm so glad that if I was to get ill anywhere, it was there and in the most comfortable bed and duvet we had the entire trip!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2010

On arrival, unless you live everyday at over 11,000 feet, you might be a little out of breath, but on arrival one of the excellent receptionists will quickly sit you down, fetch you a cup of fresh tea with coca leaves. They'll insist you just rest and sip your tea and don't worry about paperwork until you finish your tea. By the time you do, your bags will be in your room.
Breakfast includes made to order eggs, crepes, fresh fruit, fresh juice, cereal, tea, coffee yogurt, ham, cheese. All from 6 to 9 am. Very good rates. Massages so affordable you can have 1 a day! And and question or travel issue? The front desk will work harder for you than any 5 star hotel. But remember, Cusco is for those willing to climb stairs. Machu Picchu was closed during my trip, thanks to Encantada it was still a trip to remember!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo