We arrived in Cuzco an hour early than we original notified you, as the airline from puerto maldonado put us on an earlier flight of which we could not notify you. The tourist lady at the airport organised a taxi for us to your Hostel. We arrived at the Hostel where we were greeted by two young staff members who promptly took care of our luggage. The hotel manager (I think her name may have started with an M) apologized for not picking us up but we explained it was not her fault.
We both have travelled extensively around the world and stayed at 5 star hotels but nothing compares with the service that we received at your Hostel. It more than exceeded our expectations. Listed below is some examples that your hotel manager helped us with.
1. We wanted to catch the local bus to the Pisac Market. The Hotel Manager provided detail instructions.
2. A couple of times we needed breakfast before 6:00am of which your staff ensured we were looked after.
3. I (Lisa) tried to take my ring off my finger but it got stuck on my finger on the way back from Machu Pichu. The lady manager organised a jewelller to cut the ring off of which my finger was losing circulation.
4. Condor travel pick up disaster. The night watchman telephoned condor travel to see what time they were picking us up but they did not answer. We were ready at 6:45 am waiting for Condor to pick us up. At 7:05am condor rang reception to tell us the bus to pick us up was leaving in 10 minutes and we had to get their fast. Your hotel manager took control of this situation and organised our bags plus us plus her into a car to get us to the bus station pronto. When we got their the bus had left. The Condor person at bus station was useless and was incapable of helping us.. Again your hotel manager took control and ensured that the driver would would deliver us to the first stop of th ebus which was half an hour away. Your hotel manager could see that we were upset but she made sure that we could catch the bus by coming with the driver to see us get on the bus. If we had missed this bus we would have missed our cruise on lake Titicaca. At that first stop which we think is the tourist stop. Condor admitted it was their fault that they did not pick us up. We informed condor to contact you and your hotel manager to thank you as you went out of your way for us to have a true Peruvian experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're located only 10 footsteps from the Plaza de Armas in the pedestrian Calle del Medio, the street connecting the Plaza de Armas with the Plaza del Regocijo. Included in our rate: airport pick up, American breakfast, Wi-Fi, use of 2 desktop computers, classic/adventure/alternative/off the beaten track trips information, oxygen in case of problems with the altitude, hot water 24 hours a day, fresh towels & bathroom amenities every day, colour cable TV with 100 national & international channels and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hostal El Peregrino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.