“Poor Service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sara: The Organic Cafe Bistro

Sara: The Organic Cafe Bistro
Ranked #152 of 687 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was one of only two situations where we encountered bad service in Peru (the other was in the Larcomar mall in Lima). The staff was pleasant enough, but the service was just slow. One waitress was running but everyone else seemed to be just milling around. In total we waited around 45 minutes for 2 sandwiches that seemed to have been sitting around for a while before they got to our table. Both sandwiches were soggy and pretty flavorless. I hate to give bad reviews but this was a huge disappointment on our last night in Cusco.

Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
“My new favourite restaurant in Cusco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We went in a group of 8 to Sara. The service was fast and friendly. I had alpaca that was tender and very tasty. Everyone else was extremely happy with their meals and the presentation was outstanding! The value for money was good and we would all recommend Sara's to you! We loved the creativity of the décor - dyed corn husks on the ceiling and creative Peruvian designs on the walls!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were walking around looking for a restaurant when we came upon Sara. Best decision we made coming here. I ordered Mushroom Cheviche and it was brilliant. Service was great as well.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good restaurant near the city center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were just wondering around when we ran into this one and decided to have lunch here because we were too hungry. The restaurant has a nice decoration and feels pleasant. We tried the Lomo Saltado, the Alpaca dish and the guinea pig. Our food was decent, tasty but I felt the portion could be bigger given the price.

Visited March 2014
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Better chicken at San Pedro market”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Is it Organic? There is really no way to tell, and experience has taught me never to take anything at face value in South America. The chicken tasted like a commercial piece taken out of the freezer. Generally I found the meal to be lukewarm and quite tasteless. I have eaten more tasty chicken and vegetable dishes down at San Pedro market for 5 soles.

I concur with a previous reviewer, there might be a reason why it’s empty. I was alone in the huge restaurant with three staff members on duty, and no one noticed when I tried to catch their attention for the bill, which came out at 34 soles. My chicken dish plus a bottle of water. I left still feeling hungry.

In case you still feel like trying Sara,s, I have photographed the menu for you.

• 3 of 5 bubbles