“Best massage in all of Cusco”
Review of Samana Inn and Spa

Samana Inn and Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We have expanded our colonial house into a very modern INN & Spa. But left it's original landmarks, such as inka walls which are thousands of years old, combining historic and modern structure. Our INN is the place to be. Your Hosts at Samana INN & Spa are Juan Manuel Leon and Louise Hodgson. We are a Peruvian/English family here in Cusco, we will help you to get around town giving you the best tips and good recommendations to make you fell like you are home away from home. We are located at Tecsecocha 536, in down town only 2 blocks away from the main square of Cusco, 5 to 10 minutes walking distance to all the major landmarks of the city also really close to the best restaurants, shops, travel agencies, coffee shops, and more. From our team at Samana Spa and Salon we are looking forward to your visit. Sincerely Juan Manuel Leon and Louise Hodgson
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is my 5th time in Peru and Cusco and i can honestly say Samana Spa is the best massage i have experienced. Samana Spa all around was brilliant and i will definitely be visiting again on my next trip and would highly recommend it to anyone who is visiting Cusco whether it be for a massage or take a relaxing Jacuzzi or sauna. The prices are very good for the treatment you receive and the staff are very very friendly and helpful and speak both Spanish and English. Its location is brilliant with a 5 minute walk from the main square, can pay by card or cash and they kindly ordered me a taxi and gave me a drink whilst i waited. The spa itself is very beautiful and you will be amazed how nice it is. All around very happy with the service i received and by far one of the best and my favorite spas I've ever visited.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Battered, sore and feeling ill after the 4 day Inca Trail we desperately needed some relief and Samana Spa provided it.

A lovely, clean, well presented little place, it has everything you need. My girlfriend opted for a facial and I went for a sauna & steam room before joining each other in the same room for an hour long massage. The two Peruvian ladies given us the massage were clearly well trained and really got stuck into the muscles that were most sore to aid recovery and relaxation. Following this we got into a large heart shaped jacuzzi bath for 2 and soaked away stress for a further 45mins.

A 3 hour long experience which was worth every penny of the S220 (£50/$80) price.

This was all booked on the morning we wanted to go via email with Louise on info@samana-spa.com ... Her communication was excellent and this was followed up with great service by all staff throughout our short experience. Highly recommended!

1  Thank twjchapman
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Samana Spa is about a 6-7 minute walk from the main square. From the outside, it doesn't look like much and the sign is hard to see from walking down the street. Inside, it's a comfortable, clean, and pleasant atmosphere.

I went to a couple places in Cusco, with a variety of prices and levels of experience. Samana was by far the best in the area.

I am someone who goes regularly for massages. I got the deep tissue massage, which was perfect for me. Juan was attentive and professional.

While it is more expensive than the massages you can get on the street, it is easily worth it if you need a legitimate and effective massage! I got four massages when I was in Cusco: two cheap places and two at Samana. The cheap places are fine if you just need someone to work on you with their memorized routine. However, if you're looking for a professional massage in a nice atmosphere from someone who knows what they are doing, Samana is the best in the area. Also, Samana is still a great deal compared to what I can get in Canada. I'd go again if I could!

1  Thank KJ300052
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My boyfriend and I emailed requesting a time for a couples massage right before we left for the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu. They emailed back stating 1pm on the day we desired. Then at 12:30 we stopped by (to check if it was cash only and we would need to grab more) and there is a note on the door stating "we will be back at 2pm, sorry for the inconvenience", we tried ringing the mobile number and the doorbell with no luck.

Then we get back to the hotel afterwards and see an email at 1:10 stating we missed our appointment and to reschedule.

Seems very disorganized and we decided to spend our money elsewhere.

jmperu, Owner at Samana Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

i would just like to reply to your comment i am quite surprised as i did email you apologizing and explaining it was a simple mistake our receptionist made a mistake and put 2 clock on the door instead of 1(She had to leave due to a family emergency) the rest of our team was inside the spa taking care of our other guest, but your appointment was at 1 clock and was not our fault you came early either we are very sorry you didn't get to experience Samana spa as we are rated 1 of the best and as i emailed you at 1.10 when you didn't show up i think that shows we are very organized thank you for your comment. here its the conversation we had.

Hello erin you had an appointment with us today at 1 pm just wanted to remind you or if you need to reschedule thank you
Louise Hodgson
Samana Spa

We went at 12:30 and tried to call after we noticed a sign on the door stating you would be away until 2pm. We are very disappointed and will not be rescheduling.

Erin

Hello Erin I'm very sorry the sign should of said 1 clock we were in massages and the receptionist must have put the wrong sign on the door as wen I finished my massage I opened the doors at 12.40 u am very sorry.
Louise Hodgson
Samana Spa

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Fantastic experience! The spa is well run and their team is very friendly. One of the best deep tissue massages I have ever had. Make sure you make time when you are in Cusco to experience Samana.