“Classic Inca Trail 4d/3n”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Llama Path

Llama Path
Ranked #12 of 797 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Only Inca Trail Tour Operator that has built a house for the Porters; Porters come to do this job from very far away communities up in the andes and had NO place to stay in in between treks; But NOW, they do have one and is called the LLama Path Porters' house - any one is welcome to visit this place at anytime-!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Classic Inca Trail 4d/3n”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Inca Trail and we have to say Llama Path was exceptional. Our guide, Alex, kept us entertained, informed and smiling even when the weather got us down on the second day. The chef, Sebastia, was a magician and spoilt us with fantastic dishes. The red army of porters truly looked after us and made the experience even more memorable. Thank you Llama Path!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An Experience of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My son and I went on the Salkantay 5D/4N trip and had a fantastic time. Llama Path was a great outfit to go with; they are incredibly well-organized and meals are lavish given the rustic venues. Guides Julian and Rooney were fun to be with and very knowledgeable. Going in late October we expected the weather to be changeable and it didn't disappoint, varying all the way from warm and sunny to misty to rain and snow and back. We knew this could happen and had all the right gear. Poles are a must. The scenery is very beautiful and varies from mountain views way above the tree line to tropic forest. A light SLR camera that you can easily access with a polarizing filter attachment is a big plus. As one year from the oldest person in LLama Path's hiker list, I would say its important to have 3+ days of altitude acclimatization and to be quite fit. Just the time spent walking is challenging. Don't forget sunscreen, Ibuprophen and Deet.

Long Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Trip advisor recommendations didn't lie...Llama Path staff is friendly and trip was well organized. Our guides Ruben and Juan Carlos kept us motivated, laughing, enlightened, and prepared all along the journey forthee 4-day/3-night trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.

Best notes: You will appreciate the hard work of the porters, who bring hot coca tea and hot water for washing up to your tent each morning. Llama Path porters are the best on the trail and are an importantart of the trail experience. The food on the trek was incredible, with hot, varied and multicourse meals each day (pancakes with dulce de leche, quinoa soup, stuffed tomatoes, and more!) The chef even made us a cake for our last night. How the heck they accomplish this, I will never know.

Takeaways: having journeyed the Inca Trail, we appreciated MP that much more. Don't think it would have been as meaningful just riding up on train/bus. Don't miss out on this experience!

Tips: be ready to be challenged physically. This is no trek along a dirt path...thousands of stairs and much of the rest a rock path. I am a marathon runner and still felt exhausted at lunch and dinner. Be sure to bring or rent walking sticks--you'll need them.

Having seen other groups (guides, porters, itineraries, campsites, food, etc.) on the trail, I can say confidently that Llama Path is the best! Very highly recommended!!!

Visited November 2013
Perth, Australia
“Salkantay Trek”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My girlfriend and I went on the 5D/4N Salkantay Trek with Llama Path in October 2013. The experience was fantastic from start to finish. Our guide Javier was very enthusiastic and passionate about the outdoors. He would always sit down with us at meal times and chat away, we really enjoyed hearing from his local perspective. The food was out of this world, especially considering the facilities that were at our chef Elvis's disposal. My girlfriend came down ill during the trek and she was constantly receiving hot tea remedies. This was easily one of the highlights from our South America trip.

St Albans
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“A fantastic experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I did the 4 day Inca Trail in October and it was an amazing trip. The advance organisation was all good,and they answered my emails promptly, and everything on the Trail itself worked well, mainly because of the guides - Elvis and Jorge - and the incredible porters.
As the oldest of the group by far (59 years old alongside thirteen 20 and 30 somethings) I was worried about how well I'd manage, but the guides were really encouraging, and made it seem much easier, even when it was really hard work. The food was both varied and abundant, and the porters were cheerful even while carrying their huge loads. The Llama Path approach of making the first two days longer and the third say shorter worked really well, and apart from the last night we were camping with very few others.
There were glitches, like my backpack somehow getting wet in the coach luggage compartment and my precious toilet paper getting soaked as a result, and the driver not being there to collect me from the train at Poroy, but these pale into insignificance compared with all the good things.
I can't compare with any other operators, but I can say that if you go with Llama Path you'll have a great Inca Trail trip