“The highlight of my trip”
Review of Llama Path

Llama Path
Ranked #31 of 985 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Only Inca Trail Tour Operator that has built a house for the Porters; Porters come to do this job from very far away communities up in the andes and had NO place to stay in in between treks; But NOW, they do have one and is called the LLama Path Porters' house - any one is welcome to visit this place at anytime. We are the ONLY agency in Cusco that takes Porters on vacations; yearly around 50 of them are taken on vacations to different parts of Peru as part of an all inclusive treat they immensely deserve from the 330 hard days of work they do to ensure our foreign clientes tours are enjoyable. In 2018 we will be going on the 4th Inca Trail Porters Vacations, this time we will be going to Trujillo and Chiclayo in the northern coast of Peru. The Porters Vacations is possible ONLY thanks to you who trust in our services provided; as you can see a part of our profits go NOT only to suport the Porters vacations but also to support the children after school project.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I went of the 4D/3N trek, and as my titles says, this was the highlight of my 6 week trip to South America.

After much research we decided to book our trek with Llama Path and were not dissappointed. From the outset, we found them to be very professional and organised and I truly believe that Llama Path was one of the key reasons we came to love our time in Peru.

Things we loved;
- as previous reviews have suggested, the food was amazing. The quality and variety of food produced is nothing short of amazing
- our guide, William, a great storyteller, and did a wonderful job bringing the history of the Inca trail to life.
- the porters are truly superhuman. We had 13 porters to look after 7 customers, and to watch these guys run up and down the mountain with 25kgs on their backs is incredible
- Llama Paths beliefs around sustainable tourism - the porters are well looked after, and they have built a house in Cusco where they can stay whilst they are in between treks. The more we trekked, the more I came to realise how important this is, because the porters are key in making the trek as seamless and successful as possible

I think the biggest compliment is that we chose to use Llama Path off the back of recommendations from many of our friends, and we will continue this trend in recommending them to anybody that is thinking of visiting Peru.

Thanks again Will and team!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"inca sites"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Inca Trail and we have to say Llama Path was exceptional. Our guide, Alex, kept us entertained, informed and smiling even when the weather got us down on the second day. The chef, Sebastia, was a magician and spoilt us with fantastic dishes. The red army of porters truly looked after us and made the experience even more memorable. Thank you Llama Path!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My son and I went on the Salkantay 5D/4N trip and had a fantastic time. Llama Path was a great outfit to go with; they are incredibly well-organized and meals are lavish given the rustic venues. Guides Julian and Rooney were fun to be with and very knowledgeable. Going in late October we expected the weather to be changeable and it didn't disappoint, varying all the way from warm and sunny to misty to rain and snow and back. We knew this could happen and had all the right gear. Poles are a must. The scenery is very beautiful and varies from mountain views way above the tree line to tropic forest. A light SLR camera that you can easily access with a polarizing filter attachment is a big plus. As one year from the oldest person in LLama Path's hiker list, I would say its important to have 3+ days of altitude acclimatization and to be quite fit. Just the time spent walking is challenging. Don't forget sunscreen, Ibuprophen and Deet.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Trip advisor recommendations didn't lie...Llama Path staff is friendly and trip was well organized. Our guides Ruben and Juan Carlos kept us motivated, laughing, enlightened, and prepared all along the journey forthee 4-day/3-night trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.

Best notes: You will appreciate the hard work of the porters, who bring hot coca tea and hot water for washing up to your tent each morning. Llama Path porters are the best on the trail and are an importantart of the trail experience. The food on the trek was incredible, with hot, varied and multicourse meals each day (pancakes with dulce de leche, quinoa soup, stuffed tomatoes, and more!) The chef even made us a cake for our last night. How the heck they accomplish this, I will never know.

Takeaways: having journeyed the Inca Trail, we appreciated MP that much more. Don't think it would have been as meaningful just riding up on train/bus. Don't miss out on this experience!

Tips: be ready to be challenged physically. This is no trek along a dirt path...thousands of stairs and much of the rest a rock path. I am a marathon runner and still felt exhausted at lunch and dinner. Be sure to bring or rent walking sticks--you'll need them.

Having seen other groups (guides, porters, itineraries, campsites, food, etc.) on the trail, I can say confidently that Llama Path is the best! Very highly recommended!!!