“Excellent quality/price ratio” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Milan, Italy
“Excellent quality/price ratio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

It is a family-driven hotel. Stayed from 27/12/2011 to 1/1/2012 (5 nights). Paid 20US$ per night (plus 10 Soles per night for the heater, see below), breakfast (bread, butter & jam or cheese, fruit juice freshly prepared, milk & coffee) was included. I made the reservation by phone the day before my arrival and paid cash when checking out. Credit cards are accepted.

The good:
* the hotel is in a quiet street, far from heavy traffic and night shouts
* my room was clean and so was the bathroom
* both the room and the bathroom are fairly large
* the bed was good for me, not hard and not too soft, I could sleep well.
* I always got hot water. Sometimes it was more like warm water, but it was warm enough to take a shower
* my room had a TV
* In the lobby there is a computer with internet connection free to use.
* WiFi connection free to use. I was able to use it in my room.
* the owners will truly try to satisfy all your requests at their best. In my case this included:
----> waiting for me at the airport with a taxi when I arrived in Cusco even though my flight was delayed by 30 minutes
----> whenever I needed a taxi (also at 5.30 in the morning to go to Machu Picchu) they helped me finding one and negotiated the price with the taxi driver, so that he couldn't overcharge me.
----> keeping my valuables in a safe place
----> lending me a hairdryer (there was none in my room)

The bad:
* the hotel is a bit far from the city centre: you can reach Plaza de Armas by foot in 30 minutes or with a taxi (3 soles) in 5 minutes. I almost always chose to go by foot.
* the owners speak spanish but not english (except for the young son that sometimes was at the reception). This was not a problem for me, I can understand some spanish and with the help of a pocket dictionary I managed it. I only regret I could not have a conversation, they probably can give you some good advice about the town.
* my room was somewhat cold. I rented from the owners a heater for 10 Soles per night. I really needed it only for 2 nights.
* in my room the furniture was basic and looked a bit shabby. There was not a light switch close to the bed. I would have traded the TV for an abat-jour next to the bed.

I doubt you can find the same accomodation for a lower price or a better accomodation for the same price in Cusco. So, all in all, if you are looking for a cheap accomodation, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Blackhole_2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is not in the center of the city but this not matter because with 3 soles, that is about 1,5 dollars you can get anywhere.
Peaceful neighborhood really calm no noises.
The staff of the hotel is really helpful they will try their best to help you in any situation.
Really recommend this hotel.
The only thing is try to get a room on the first floor because there is no elevator.
As soon as you arrive they will serve you a coca tea so you fill better about the altitude.
They changed breakfast time so we may eat before going to Matchu Pitcchu

Bacal

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leandrobacal
Alphen aan den Rijn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Very good beds, good service and great facilities. Good value for money - just a bit further from the center of town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jazz7727
Cusco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I booked up for five days...stayed ror nine! My travelling partner came down with a very bad case of altitiude sickness and was laid up in bed for three days - the staff here could not have been more considerate and caring. The hotel is quite standard, but we found the beds and rooms to be comfortable, hot water available at all times (after a minutes wait, admittedly, but that is not unusual), breakfast is basic (but the coffee is good), and very friendly staff. It;s about a 20/25 minute walk to Plaza del Armas, but there is stuff to see on the way (a few craft markets, Santa Domingo - built on the site of the Temple del Sol) and a cab to the centre is a bout 3 or 4 soles. For the price, excellent! I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank GarethMuswellHill
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We were looking for a cheap hotel we could stay while waiting for our inka trip to start. We were not disappointed. The hotel seemed far from the city centre, but were actually really close and you got to see a lot of stuff like the markets while walking to the city center.

The owner was so nice, and even though he did´nt speak so much english, and we did+nt speak much spanish we were able to have quite nice conversations.

the rooms were big with tv, and the staff were really helpful. We came back after finishing the inka trip and stayed there one more night. (we overslept breakfast, but they brought us breakfast anyway).

We think we got good value for the money.

We really enjoyed it! We absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

Place was very nice and workers very helpful.
However, a taxi was pre-arranged to pick us up from the airport, but never showed up. After 45 minutes of waiting we took a taxi on our own.
People at the hotel apologized for this inconvenience.

Room Tip: Back rooms are the best