“No better private Tour guide than David Ramos”
Review of Private Tours Peru

Private Tours Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel -trips - Vacations . Adventure ,fly Fishing - Trips Of Cultural Immersion - Trekking - Cooking Classes- Bird Watching Tour - Rafting - Horseback Riding And Other
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 20 January 2012

If you ever even considered a private tour (if you haven't you really should) you absolutely must pick David Ramos at www.Davidexpeditionsperu.com. We were in Cusco in December as a family and he absolutely delighted every member of our family. He was so totally flexible and knowledgeable. We covered the sacred valley, Mountain villages, and all the basics. Very competitive prices. He was great...funny and educational. He also was fantastic in the planning phase offerring great suggestions and tips. We did a real cool trip to an inca suspension bridge that was soooo cool. A bit of a drive but worth it and he is even thinking of doing an overnight with caves on that trip so talk to him about it.
He loves his people and culture and as an invidual he really gives back to the community. On Christmas day he and some of his friends travelled up to a remote mountain village and spent the day entertaining local children with hot chocolate, bread and gifts for all 350 kids. He even included my family for the experience!! It was amazing.
REach David at www.davidexpeditionsperu.com or davidm14499@hotmail.com or on his cell peru Cusco 984866853

8  Thank Dave S

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had booked a 2 day tour with david and do not regret it. The reason for the 4 is because the second day of our tour David called the night before and canceled and said his cousin had to be our guide the next day cause he had a meeting he had to go through. This caused me a little anxiety.. but it turned out great and we actually like david's cousin even more than david!!!! I wished I remembered his name....

David is a great guy and has lots of knowledge..but it felt as almost he had done the tour too many times and was just going through the motion of the tour which took away from the experience a little.

I'm not sure if he always uses the same driver but he was soooo great. Really safe driver and just .... gentile is the only word I an think of... quiet (he cant speak english) but he made the extra effort to open doors for us... he dried out our ponchos while we were on tour without asking. just stayed and waited at the car to make sure our stuff was safe.

The first day of the tour we were picked up at the airport and then taken to the llama farm where we got to feed/pet them.. and see how things are woven and made. We were then taken to a small restaurant where we ate lunch. The place was okay.... I think david brings everyone here as he gets his lunch for free but we have to pay for our lunch. We then were taken to the pisac ruins which was a good introduction to how the basic isac ruins are... there wasn't anything really impressive with it though. But a good start to the sacred valley tour. After pisac we were driven an hour or so to ollantayambo where david took us to a local family house to see how they live. This was actually one of the most memorable part of my trip. It was just incredible to see how simple they lived... and they had guinea pigs running FREELY all around.. 2 had just been born and was laying on the floor in the corner.. i guess they just raise them like pets until they are ready to eat this... it was just a blow your mind experience that I will always remember... we were then dropped off at perurail so we could take the train to aguas calientes that night.

The next day we did machu picchu WITHOUT david.. and honestly... for the amount he charges you don't need his services. There are many ppl and english speaking guides up there just waiting to give you a tour. I would recommend doing the tour as soon as you get there so you can join other couples or groups and keep the cost low. We waited till the middle of the day and had no one to join up with to reduce the cost... we did eventually bargain with someone at the end of the day who did a "Speedy shortened'" 1 hour tour for just 50 soles! Which I was very happy with but wonder what info I missed since the tour usually take 2 hours.

The second day Davids cousin picked us up and we went to Ollantayambo ruins which was AMAZING. My favorite of all of sacred vally. Its just so amazing to see what the inca built and how much detail they put into everything. The ruins itself is designed into a shape of a LLAMA!!! so crazy. After Ollantayambo we went to Moray agriculture site which was interesting but nothing mind blowing. We then went to the salt mines which WAS mind blowing... so beautiful and a wonder of nature. We then continued on to chivay (eh) and then Saqsaywaman which was a great end to the tour. HUGE rock structures, underground passageway, and natures slides (like at a playground). This is also a place to get a great view of cusco and get a panoramic.

You will not regret your choice with david and he is very flexible with planning and ensuring you see what you want to see.... DO NOT MISS the llama farm, Ollantayambo, and salt mines

5  Thank LilSwtAzyn
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I found out about David's services from another TripAdvisor Reviewer. At the time I was in Peru accompanying my mother (aged mid 60's) on her Once-in-a Life-Time, Never-to-be-Repeated Auspicious Macchu Pichu Journey! The two of us were travelling together independent of any tour group and planning things day-by-day according to how we felt. So it was only upon our arrival in Cuzco that I had time to call David, ie it was pretty last minute on my behalf and somewhat on-the-fly. My mother and I were not your average travellers. We wanted to do our own thing most days, organise our own accomodation, restaurants and itinerary etc, but on certain parts of our trip through the Sacred valley we wanted a personalised driver/guide so we could maximise our experience and understanding of what we were looking at. Furthermore, my mother is an AVID enthusiast for all things historical, anthropological, and horticultural and therefore she wanted very specialised information from a tour guide.
I cannot emphasise enough: David accomodated all of our needs with OUTSTANDING communication and coordination, practical knowledge, and genuine heart. He really does know the Sacred Valley, and all its history, like the back of his hand. He has contacts all through the SV, so when he was not personally available to be with us, he organised a trusted colleague to take care of us. Basically after 10 days of touring using his contacts MULTIPLE times, we had a mantra..."If it has come through David, it's GOLD". His associated drivers, and regional guides (and sometimes they were 2-in-1) were all complete gentlemen, who protected us like we were family, kept us educated and culturally informed. They consulted with us (in English) on every possibility along the way. AND they always kept in mind that my mother was recovering from knee surgery, and were mindful to stay at HER pace. Hernan, Frank, Manuel, and Viktor were like knights of the round table to us and will be a thanksend to any traveller in this part of the world.

I want to add a personal anecdote about David, as his is the kingpin in the operations... After arriving in Cuzco I made my first contact with David from a pay phone but had to leave a message. South America is infamous for its poor service, so you can imagine my absolute surprise (and gratitude) when David's follow-up response was to VISIT our hotel in person! We weren't there at the time so he left a hand written message with the hotel staff. Time being crucial, I phoned him back asap and to my surprise, he returned to the hotel within the hour so we could talk face-to-face about our hopes and requirements for our trip. (And this I might add was at the end of a LONG day of touring for him and not because he had nothing better to do!)
David is very careful to tailor suggestions according to your specified budget, schedule, dietary needs and whether you are luxury hotel or a comfortable cabin type of person. And yes, he speaks English VERY well. Do yourself a favour and contact him whether it be a day-trip or a long journey into the beyond. You'll come out smiling and thankful it was so easy!

5  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We were planning on combining a trip to Peru with our trip to Ecuador. I looked into hiring David for our tour of the Sacred Valley. He was the best and most reasonable part of everything I looked into, and quite honestly my only real regret was to cancel David when we ended up not going to Peru. His warmth and responsiveness were unparalleled by any other contact I made.

2  Thank gypsyEvergreen
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The driver David provided was very good, we felt safe at all times, despite some difficult driving conditions. Our tour of the Sacred Valley was informative and all done at our pace and with our interests.

2  Thank ScotlivingintheUS
David Expeditio... D, General Manager at Private Tours Peru, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

David Expeditions Peru ,the friend of friends,share your wonderful vavcation with our team.

We are expert professionals ,and
we provide you personal service to enjoy your vacations.

For me and the team of David Expedition Peru, always be a pleasure to help ,and work
with you .