“David Ramos was an incredible guide.”
Review of Private Tours Peru

Private Tours Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: travel -trips - vacations . adventure ,fly fishing - trips of cultural immersion - trekking - cooking classes- bird watching tour - rafting - horseback riding and other
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“David Ramos was an incredible guide.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently arrived home from a week in Peru, and I want to thank the people on trip advisor for letting me know about David Mayhire Ramos services. David and I emailed over the course of 3 months before our trip, and he helped me plan the itinerary. (I did not want to sign up with a tour group since I wanted to be in charge of the timing of tours;however, I highly recommend any first time visitors to arrange a tour of some type.) The roads are poorly marked, sometimes closed, and not all paved. It would have been impossible for us to drive/ navigate on our own. With David as our guide, we not only had stress-free travel arrangements, but David also taught us about his country and the remarkable Inka civilization which made our excursions a lot of fun for myself and my sons (ages 22 and 26). He obviously has a love of history, archaeology, and cultures of Peru and other countries. He helped us get our tickets to Machu Picchu, took us to local restaurants for lunch, and even told us what foods we should avoid for health reasons. We had 4 tour days with David, and on non tour days, he arranged for us to have safe transfers to our destinations. Also, David was always available by phone for questions or change of plans. Our trip would not have been as exciting and wonderful without his guidance.

Visited June 2013

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“OK Tour”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

David was very responsive to my enquiries before our trip. We booked a private tour with him for 3 days based on the positive reviews here. The tour guides showed up on time every morning and made sure that we could catch our train to Machu Picchu. They're very nice to offer to drop our checked-in luggages to our hotel in cusco so that we didn't need to take them with us to Machu Picchu. It's a nice touch.

The reasons that I gave him three stars are that David told me that he's going to be our guide - It's why we hired him even though his price is more expensive. But it turned out that he was our guide only for the first day. He picked us up at noon and then we started our tour to Chincheros, Moray Experimental Terraces and Maras salt flats. Finally, he took us to lunch after 4 pm. We're so hungry. I think he should have better lunch arrangement.

The tour guide for the next two days, Rocco, was very quiet and he didn't tell us much, which was a totally disappointment. The pictures that he took for us are not good at all as I though he should be able to take good pictures based on his experience but I think he didn't even care. I also hired him to climb up the wayne picchu with us, which is not necessary as he's always far ahead of us (The only good thing is he's carrying my bag for me).

I think they're good as a transportation service.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank JJ517
Cincinnati, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great tour of the Sacred Valley!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We spent a few days in the Sacred Valley prior to arriving Cusco. David was our private tour guide. A few months prior, we contacted David via email and he responded right away. We found David on Tripadvisor.

David was punctual. We visited many places in two days including Pisac and the market, Moray, Marras Salt Mines, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, llama farm, etc. David was very flexible, knowledgable, and answered any questions we had thoroughly and professionally.

He was super accommodating and helpful. We wanted to made a stop at a pottery place to pick up some gifts at the end of the day and he was happy make a visit at the end of our first day. Also, we needed medicine and he was not hesitated to offer to drive us to a pharmacy at the of the second day. He was like a friend who was willing to help out a friend. He made our stay in the Sacred Valley unforgettable.

Thanks, David, so much for an incredible tour!!! We will never forget the time we spent with you!

Visited April 2013
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

David was hugely responsive to my tour enquiries, and booked us on a private tour with his colleagues Miguel and Victor. Miguel was very knowledgeable and ensured our half-day tour was a great experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank boxman19
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great choice of guide”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

All the reviews below are true. In January, my daughter and I hired David as our guide for three days to show us around the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. He was highly reliable, knowledgeable, passionate about his history, great company and his English was great. I felt he adjusted his style to suit each of us and what we wanted.
My daughter had gone Quinoa mad, so David gave us an enjoyable cooking lesson in his home in Cusco, teaching us to make breakfast, soup, salad, stir fries and desert. And we topped that off with pisco sours.
He met us at our hotels or at the train station each day. The car he organised for us was great and he was great to be with in a very unasuming way. We can only highly recommend him .

Visited January 2013