“One of highlights of our 10day Peru trip is the full day private tour in SV with David”
Review of Private Tours Peru

Private Tours Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel -trips - Vacations . Adventure ,fly Fishing - Trips Of Cultural Immersion - Trekking - Cooking Classes- Bird Watching Tour - Rafting - Horseback Riding And Other
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The best part of our 10 day Peru trip is probably the full day Sacred Valley Tour with David Ramos (covering Maras, Moray and Pisaq). We were with Gate 1 tour and there are free inclusions in our trip, so we just really wanted to cover areas that  was not included in our group tour. I found out about him through several forums in TA (thanks to those people who posted his email and number). I emailed him for inquiry and he was very prompt in responding. At first I was very skeptical but based on his response time and other TA users feedback, we decided to book a full day trip with him.

He picked us up in our hotel in Urubamba on a timely manner as agreed (his car was very clean and comfortable). Our tour started from 9AM to 6:15PM. We covered Maras, Moray, Pisaq Market and Ruins. It was amazing. We also had several stops on great areas where the view is awesome. David is not only a great driver, but he is an excellent tour guide! My gosh, he knows a lot of things, all of our questions were properly answered. He is very passionate of what he do. The cost of the trip was so worth it! Like us, he also love photography so he would recommend to stop on places to get a great picture!  On our trip to Maras, he even guided us to walk downhill and actually get to get close with the salt pools.  The spot he took at at Maras to have a view of the SV and Urubamba river was just amazing!  Plus we even had a stop to appreciate the mountain ranges and farms on our way to Maras.

For lunch, we stopped by at Inca House in Urubamba and it was so delicious (free pisco sour and do order their chicha morada - probably the best place we had in SV). The restaurants buffet menu is excellent.

We hiked down to the Moray and visited all the three terraces. Also on our trip to Pisac, he showed us the burial site of the Incas and if not to his keen eyes, we would have not noticed those skulls hanging in the side of the mountain.  On Pisaq market, he brought us to a store where they showed us how they make the silver jewelries.

David is a great guy and I hope his passion about the history of Incas and Peru is appreciated and recognized. I would highly recommend his service, trust me, its worth it.

2  Thank elynoremarie
"his knowledge"
"inca bridge"
"alpaca farm"
in 4 reviews
"an excellent tour guide"
"machu picchu"
in 35 reviews
"always on time"
in 6 reviews
"tremendous amount"
"spending days"
"avoid crowds"

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We used David's services for about four days during our trip to Peru. It was a great experience overall! He is a very passionate tour guide who is really knowledgeable about the entire area (given that he was brought up in that area). He speaks great English and he took us around in his well kept and comfortable Hyundai Elantra.

We were travelling with our two kids and they immensely enjoyed the special touches that David provided by taking them to an Alpaca and guinea pig farm! We had our own itinerary planned out, however, David was able to add more color to it by suggesting some additional places for touring and eating out.

Overall, it was a great experience and it was completely hassle free. In our opinion, you will miss out on the cultural immersion aspects of the trip unless you plan your travel through someone like David.

2  Thank AAdv
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We just returned from 2 weeks in Peru and spent four days with David. He is an excellent guide. We went throughout the Sacred Valley -- some of our destinations were recommended by him -- others by me. He spent long days driving many miles on some difficult roads. He drove us around personally and took many photos of us (I don't think that we ever have had so many photos from a vacation of all of us!) He picked us up at our hotel every morning in Urubamba -- which is a great place to stay when seeing the sights of the Sacred Valley.

After touring for three full days we went to Machu Picchu on our own. On our return he picked us up at the train station in Ollytaytambo -- and brought us to our hotel in Cusco -- seeing some sites we hadn't seen yet along the way of course! It made traveling easier and we were able to maximize our time.

We learned so much and he took time to explain the history of the place to my kids who are 8 and 11. He is very much from the Sacred Valley -- he showed us his high school and discussed many of the issues that the people in this part of Peru face. One of our highlights was driving up to Huilloc and another town that is further up the road.

What I really liked about David was that I sensed he had a standard tour and sequence that he likes to do -- but he was completely unphased by any of our requests to do things a little differently. When we wanted to slow down and linger, he accommodated us. I would highly recommend him to any one looking for a private guide to drive you around the Sacred Valley and help you explore the landscape and culture. It is mind blowing. I would recommend that you do a little research on your own on what sounds interesting and then work with David to put together an itinerary.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We just loved our trip with David. We emailed asking for a trip to Ccochahuasi Animal Sanctuary, Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero and anywhere else he could suggest. His response was quick and in good English and we booked the trip. He picked us up promptly and his driver, who doesn't speak any English was also safe and polite, opening doors and cleaning his car in between sites, special thanks to him too, I've no idea of his name but he had a 'hey Micky' tune on his ringtone!

David was funny, polite and took us to some great places, including a bakery in Pisac, a traditional peruvian house in Ollantaytambo with guinea pigs in the basement and at Chinchero we watched the dancing and festival. He also carries a first aid kit in the boot of the car and helped my friend out when she got ill. Lunch was buffet at a restaurant I think alot of groups use which was OK, I enjoyed David telling us about the different food. I wish we had longer as I would have loved to had another day with David visiting the many Inca sites. Although I am sure there is cheaper, a tour with David is worth the cost.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently arrived home from a week in Peru, and I want to thank the people on trip advisor for letting me know about David Mayhire Ramos services. David and I emailed over the course of 3 months before our trip, and he helped me plan the itinerary. (I did not want to sign up with a tour group since I wanted to be in charge of the timing of tours;however, I highly recommend any first time visitors to arrange a tour of some type.) The roads are poorly marked, sometimes closed, and not all paved. It would have been impossible for us to drive/ navigate on our own. With David as our guide, we not only had stress-free travel arrangements, but David also taught us about his country and the remarkable Inka civilization which made our excursions a lot of fun for myself and my sons (ages 22 and 26). He obviously has a love of history, archaeology, and cultures of Peru and other countries. He helped us get our tickets to Machu Picchu, took us to local restaurants for lunch, and even told us what foods we should avoid for health reasons. We had 4 tour days with David, and on non tour days, he arranged for us to have safe transfers to our destinations. Also, David was always available by phone for questions or change of plans. Our trip would not have been as exciting and wonderful without his guidance.