“Great Full Service Guide”
Review of Private Tours Peru

Private Tours Peru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel -trips - Vacations . Adventure ,fly Fishing - Trips Of Cultural Immersion - Trekking - Cooking Classes- Bird Watching Tour - Rafting - Horseback Riding And Other
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We hired David for multiple tours and services; airport pickup, Cusco tour, transport to hotel in Urubamba, Sacred Valley Tour, Salt Pan and Moray tour, and transportation to the airport. This spanned parts of four days and the total fee was $530. This was for three people and full transportation services.

Our desire was to have someone “take care of us” while we were in Cusco and the Sacred Valley. That is exactly what David did and we could not be happier. David is a wealth of Inca knowledge. If you desire to be immersed in Inca culture, David is the guy you should hire. He loves Inca history and has so much information you cannot absorb it all. Logistically, he replied promptly, was professional in the deposit and payment areas and delivered as expected.

If you read the forums, you will see that David has had a few instances of sending a substitute. That happened to us on day 3. I was initially very upset, but the substitute guide, his cousin Rojo, was fantastic. In fact, for what we had planned, he was probably better than David would have been. He took us to a hidden temple for a great hike and to a non-touristy place to eat. I felt we got an authentic Inca and Peruvian experience with Rojo.

David’s great reviews are justified and we are happy we hired him. I think his success, however, has challenged his management skills. As long as you know this going in, you will be OK. David and his cousin were fantastic and we were very happy with the tour. Please be clear in your expectations and you will be happy you hired him.

5  Thank Profguy
"his knowledge"
"inca bridge"
"alpaca farm"
in 4 reviews
"an excellent tour guide"
"machu picchu"
in 35 reviews
"always on time"
in 6 reviews
"tremendous amount"
"spending days"
"avoid crowds"

Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife and I recently went on a four day tour of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu with David Ramos. We had read all the excellent reviews that others had posted about David and so we set out with very high expectations. I would like to report that David exceeded all our expectations.

He helped us set up our itinerary before we came to Peru and in all our conversations and communications, he kept telling me, “Don’t worry about anything. I will take care of everything,” and he did exactly that throughout our tour. From the time he picked us up to when he dropped us back at the airport, he was punctual, flexible and a constant educator. David was extremely knowledgeable, he had answers for all our questions and in just four days he gave us a crash course in Inca history and culture.

We have used private guides like David in some other countries - I must say David was a better guide than any of them. If you are planning to use a private guide, please look no further, hire David and you will be really glad you did. David can customize your trip depending on your interests such as Inca history and culture, bird watching, Peruvian cooking or hiking.

In summary, our tour with David was the highlight of our trip to Peru and we highly recommend that you use his services too.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My sister and I enjoyed our sacred valley trip thanks to David. He drove us around for two days and we were able to see a lot. I was able to fit into our itinerary the places I wanted to visit since David was flexible and customized our tour according to our rather tight schedule.

Aside from the usual sights we went also to small towns to get a feel of the local culture. We ate at good local places. I especially loved the corn soup, empanada and the huge and spicy chicharron!

David is very knowledgeable on Inca history since he studied to be a guide and is a native of sacred valley. His car is quite new and we were comfortable.

It was a great experience overall and would recommend David's services. It is a bit more expensive than joining a tour group but the flexibility, comfort and personalized service were worth it.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The best part of our 10 day Peru trip is probably the full day Sacred Valley Tour with David Ramos (covering Maras, Moray and Pisaq). We were with Gate 1 tour and there are free inclusions in our trip, so we just really wanted to cover areas that  was not included in our group tour. I found out about him through several forums in TA (thanks to those people who posted his email and number). I emailed him for inquiry and he was very prompt in responding. At first I was very skeptical but based on his response time and other TA users feedback, we decided to book a full day trip with him.

He picked us up in our hotel in Urubamba on a timely manner as agreed (his car was very clean and comfortable). Our tour started from 9AM to 6:15PM. We covered Maras, Moray, Pisaq Market and Ruins. It was amazing. We also had several stops on great areas where the view is awesome. David is not only a great driver, but he is an excellent tour guide! My gosh, he knows a lot of things, all of our questions were properly answered. He is very passionate of what he do. The cost of the trip was so worth it! Like us, he also love photography so he would recommend to stop on places to get a great picture!  On our trip to Maras, he even guided us to walk downhill and actually get to get close with the salt pools.  The spot he took at at Maras to have a view of the SV and Urubamba river was just amazing!  Plus we even had a stop to appreciate the mountain ranges and farms on our way to Maras.

For lunch, we stopped by at Inca House in Urubamba and it was so delicious (free pisco sour and do order their chicha morada - probably the best place we had in SV). The restaurants buffet menu is excellent.

We hiked down to the Moray and visited all the three terraces. Also on our trip to Pisac, he showed us the burial site of the Incas and if not to his keen eyes, we would have not noticed those skulls hanging in the side of the mountain.  On Pisaq market, he brought us to a store where they showed us how they make the silver jewelries.

David is a great guy and I hope his passion about the history of Incas and Peru is appreciated and recognized. I would highly recommend his service, trust me, its worth it.

2  Thank elynoremarie
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We used David's services for about four days during our trip to Peru. It was a great experience overall! He is a very passionate tour guide who is really knowledgeable about the entire area (given that he was brought up in that area). He speaks great English and he took us around in his well kept and comfortable Hyundai Elantra.

We were travelling with our two kids and they immensely enjoyed the special touches that David provided by taking them to an Alpaca and guinea pig farm! We had our own itinerary planned out, however, David was able to add more color to it by suggesting some additional places for touring and eating out.

Overall, it was a great experience and it was completely hassle free. In our opinion, you will miss out on the cultural immersion aspects of the trip unless you plan your travel through someone like David.

2  Thank AAdv