“Boutique with Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
Ranked #33 of 162 Hotels in Cusco
Alexandria, Virginia
“Boutique with Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I do not give many 5 stars, but this one deserves it. Not only is the hotel centrally located and beautifully situated in an old courtyard house, but the rooms have great atmosphere. However, the real standout is the outstanding service. In particular, the hotel has Lisa, an American employee who is both incredibly helpful but has encylopedic knowledge of Cusco and environs. Even as a seasoned traveler armed with the latest Lonely Planet guide, I learned a a great deal about Cusco and local culture from her.

Room Tip: Downtown Cusco has a lot of churches -- that can ring early in the morning. Light sleepers should b...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EricBeijing1964

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed there with a group of 13, I was completely stunned that the hotel is so beautiful and clean! Lisa, the manager went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed, even escorting me to the pharmacy and being my translator when I needed medication. She was completely stellar, and I am so grateful that we had her there, she was more like the welcoming committee than just the manager. Completely amazing! The kitchen staff were excellent! Food was delicious and they were very accommodating to those in our group who had specific food requests. There is even free drinking water always waiting for you on a little table beside the main area...a luxury in Cusco!

The hotel is exquisitely clean, and the staff are all so friendly and smiley! I found everyone to be beyond helpful when I needed anything at all. I am thoroughly impressed with this hotel and I will definitely be returning and recommending it to family and friends.

There are even oxygen tanks available should you need them to help with the altitude acclimatization and as much coca tea as you can drink. The front desk staff are exceptional and friendly. I speak very little Spanish, but I found myself able to communicate with everyone because pretty much everyone speaks English fluently.

There is free wifi which worked perfectly fine in our room, though I know it's said to work best in the main area, it worked fine on my iphone in our bedroom. The shutters on our windows were exquisite for the mornings I wanted to sleep in, and the beautiful curtains and rest of the decor made for such a beautiful atmosphere. There are new and fully functioning thermostats in the rooms and our bathroom was lovely. The bathroom was easily comparable to a hotel bathroom in North America, just with more cultural beauty, but fully functioning and the hot water was instantly accessible!

The actual location of the hotel couldn't be more perfect, just a few blocks from the main square, lots of shops yet it seemed to be nestled in a quiet area, perfect perfect perfect! There is even a charming little courtyard just across the street from the front entrance. I was made to feel like I was at home here, VERY IMPRESSED!!!

All in all, this place is awesome, clean, safe, and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is visiting Cusco!

Room Tip: we stayed in the "Opal Twin" room which has a window that opens to the main street ( thoug...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daphne P
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

The Andean Wings is SUCH an amazing hotel. First class in service, beauty, helpfulness and friendliness of the Staff. It is just Minutes from the main plaza, Plaza de Armas. It's super cozy, very clean with lots of nooks to tuck into to journal, relax, sip tea. Each room is completely unique and the staff is amazing, friendly and willing and able to help with any requests. Lisa, a North American woman, made us feel so well taken care of in every way and any request we had was met and exceeded. The excursions that they helped arrange were perfect! Great guides, amazing tours! I truly feel that the Andean Wings is my home away from home when I am in Cuzco. Exceptional!

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong. There are 16 rooms and each is different and beautyfully decorated a...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RebeccaA675
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Andean Wings has to be one of my best hotel/lodging experiences of all my travels. Our stay was truly a great experience (September 2011), from the moment we were cheerfully greeted at the door, down to the morning we reluctantly left for the airport.

Location is ideal for those who want to be central and close to the Plaza des Armas. The hotel itself is very charming — the rooms cozy, clean and the building is well cared for. The restaurant has some of the best Peruvian cooking in the city, which is not usually the case in many cities. The spa is also lovely — so relaxing and again, very well prepared and cared for, no details are overlooked.

But what made the stay so excellent and such a pleasure was the staff. Every single person there was kind-hearted (something I found in all of the Andean people) and would go above and beyond to ensure our comfort. Lisa, who managed our stay was so welcoming and made us feel very much at home. The restaurant Chef and servers were a blessing — my Peruvian boyfriend became fast-friends with the knowledgeable and talented Chef, he even made us a special breakfast. The servers, one of which was a lovely woman whose name escapes me, was an angel. She brought me ice and tea in the middle of the night when I was sick, and she made sure my coffee was hot and had the milk I liked when I awoke in the morning. The bartender taught us about Pisco and most definitely made the best Pisco Sour I had in all of Peru (not too sweet, not too acidic). Truly, everyone we spoke with, if even for a fleeting moment added value to this exceptional experience.

For anyone going to Cusco, I'd send them here, no question. And of course, I look forward to returning myself.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CommandZed
Houston, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Recently spent 3 nights at Andean Wings Hotel in Cusco. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Hotel itself sports lots of charm with a quaint dining area in the central atrium, cozy bar off to the side with a very comfortable fire place and sitting area, and unique rooms - each with its own flair. However it is the service that really made our stay pleasant. They really catered to our needs down to the smallest detail - including the storage of our luggage while we hiked the Inca Trail. Had to knock off a star for #1 the noise from the crazy nuns clanging chimes at wee odd hours in the church down the street, and #2 for the skylights with no shades in select rooms (sun rises early in Cusco).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with unshaded skylights.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PentaGalDad
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed in 3 different hotels in Cusco over the course of our 7 nights (4 on the front end, 3 on the tail end of our 3-night Machu Picchu trek) and honestly all 3 were great in their own way, but the Andean Wings was by far the best. For starters the location is fantastic...a couple short blocks to the Plaza de Armas and within easy walking distance of just about everything in the city. Everyone at the hotel was incredibly friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. We stayed here the night before our trek and the 3 nights after and the staff was great about holding our bags for us...they even prepared a boxed lunch for us the morning we left (which was exceptionally nice considering we left at 4am). We ate at the restaurant once and enjoyed the experience and set up 2 activities through the hotel (loved the horseback riding, not as high on the mountain biking...it's great if you're a technically experienced mountain biker, but since we aren't we spent far too much time walking our bikes down scary hills). Our first night there we stayed in one of the suites...don't remember the exact name but something like the Queen Mary Suite...and honestly this room was gorgeous. We actually changed our plans that night so we could spend more time in the room...an in suite 2-person jacuzzi tub probably had something to do with that. I don't know if we'll return to Cusco, but if we do there's no doubt in my mind we'll be staying at the Andean Wings again, and this is the hotel I'll be recommending to any friends I have who do a similar trip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mhuls13
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Andean Wings is exceptional! We stayed there 5 nights during our visit to Peru, and the staff constantly exceeded our expectations! The attention and genuine care that they showed us truly made us feel secure, PAMPERED and at home in Cusco. This charming hotel is beautifully decorated, the location is great, and the food divine! It was hard to leave, and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends