Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Mercado(Cusco)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspurple hazemachu picchuthe main squarecovered courtyardthree nightspacked breakfastcentral courtyardlovely hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatcoca teawould highly recommend this hotelpisco sourssmall hotelstreet noiseinca trailplaza de armas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We had a good stay here in January. The place is nice enough. But when I pay £100 a night for a hotel, I expect a lot more. The room we had was noisy (as others have written in reviews) from outside noise and indoor. The room we had needed blackout curtains, light from dining area at night and sunlight early in morning. The cover on our bed was a little dirty. The water took about 5-10 minutes some mornings to get hot enough for a shower. No tea/coffee facilities in room. Breakfast limited. Place was also eerily empty.

On a positive, the hotel stored our stuff when we hiked to MP and it was already in our room when we arrived back. Staff were friendly and helpful. The place looks nice.

If the place was about 30% cheaper, it would be spot on. From what I have read and seen, you can get the same, or better, in Cusco for cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank stuayoung
Reviewed 2 January 2012

It's hard to accurately depict this hotel in a written review. Some highlights: immediately greeted with Coca Tea (even before the paperwork was filled out) to help adjust to the altitude, open dining area with glass ceiling, cozy lounge with fireplace and strong drinks, accommodating staff, adorable rooms with flat screen TVs and cable and, last but not least, phenomenal water pressure and hot showers. Stayed in a handful of hotels in Peru and this was my favorite!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank KitKatMpls
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed at Andean Wings for a week in December. It was one of the best experiences! The staff is absolutely amazing. The service was very personalized and friendly. The atmosphere was charming. The food was really good. We ate breakfast each day, lunch on a couple of occasions and dinner twice. Everything was perfect! Rafael was so accommodating, Lisa was so friendly and a wealth of information. I had the great opportunity to have a couple of massages with Elizabeth which were the best I have ever had! It was like staying with family and sad to leave everyone when it was time to go home. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I do not give many 5 stars, but this one deserves it. Not only is the hotel centrally located and beautifully situated in an old courtyard house, but the rooms have great atmosphere. However, the real standout is the outstanding service. In particular, the hotel has Lisa, an American employee who is both incredibly helpful but has encylopedic knowledge of Cusco and environs. Even as a seasoned traveler armed with the latest Lonely Planet guide, I learned a a great deal about Cusco and local culture from her.

Room Tip: Downtown Cusco has a lot of churches -- that can ring early in the morning. Light sleepers should be aware of this problem.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank EricBeijing1964
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed there with a group of 13, I was completely stunned that the hotel is so beautiful and clean! Lisa, the manager went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed, even escorting me to the pharmacy and being my translator when I needed medication. She was completely stellar, and I am so grateful that we had her there, she was more like the welcoming committee than just the manager. Completely amazing! The kitchen staff were excellent! Food was delicious and they were very accommodating to those in our group who had specific food requests. There is even free drinking water always waiting for you on a little table beside the main area...a luxury in Cusco!

The hotel is exquisitely clean, and the staff are all so friendly and smiley! I found everyone to be beyond helpful when I needed anything at all. I am thoroughly impressed with this hotel and I will definitely be returning and recommending it to family and friends.

There are even oxygen tanks available should you need them to help with the altitude acclimatization and as much coca tea as you can drink. The front desk staff are exceptional and friendly. I speak very little Spanish, but I found myself able to communicate with everyone because pretty much everyone speaks English fluently.

There is free wifi which worked perfectly fine in our room, though I know it's said to work best in the main area, it worked fine on my iphone in our bedroom. The shutters on our windows were exquisite for the mornings I wanted to sleep in, and the beautiful curtains and rest of the decor made for such a beautiful atmosphere. There are new and fully functioning thermostats in the rooms and our bathroom was lovely. The bathroom was easily comparable to a hotel bathroom in North America, just with more cultural beauty, but fully functioning and the hot water was instantly accessible!

The actual location of the hotel couldn't be more perfect, just a few blocks from the main square, lots of shops yet it seemed to be nestled in a quiet area, perfect perfect perfect! There is even a charming little courtyard just across the street from the front entrance. I was made to feel like I was at home here, VERY IMPRESSED!!!

All in all, this place is awesome, clean, safe, and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is visiting Cusco!

Room Tip: we stayed in the "Opal Twin" room which has a window that opens to the main street ( though it is higher than street level) and the door to our room opened up very closely to the main dining area. I didn't notice any noise at all from the street, but there was some music audible from the main dining area on occasion, nothing major at all, but if you are a super super light sleeper you might want a room upstairs or further away from the main area...ps this room is STUNNING! Keep in mind that in Peru, smoking indoors is pretty common, there is no smoking allowed in this hotel except in the lounge, we were in a room right near the lounge and I am very sensitive to smoke, and I'm happy to say that I never ever smelled any smoke from the lounge in our room, at all.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends