Andean Wings Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Mercado(Cusco)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspurple hazemachu picchuthe main squarecovered courtyardthree nightspacked breakfastcentral courtyardlovely hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfullocation is greatcoca teawould highly recommend this hotelpisco sourssmall hotelstreet noiseinca trailplaza de armas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in Sept. 2012 before going to Machu Picchu. The bar was nice and relaxing and with delicious Pisco Sours. The hotel had a Nelson Mandela theme, but I never asked why. The restaurant is in the courtyard and had a big selection for breakfast. I had the Alpaca for lunch one day and it was delicious. (I uploaded a picture of it.) The hotel is about 2 or 3 blocks from the Plaza, which was nice. As with a lot of non-North American countries, you are not supposed to flush the toilet paper. Instead, there is a tiny trash can with a lid (thankfully) where you put your used toilet paper.

We had a room just off the courtyard with 3 beds and it was nice. Very clean and nicely decorated. The walls are about 6 feet thick, so the wireless internet didn't work so well. To check my email and surf the net, I found it best to go to the courtyard and have a hit of (free) oxygen while I was there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My family and I stayed at the Andean Wings for 10 days while in Cuzco. It's in an excellent location-- less than a 5 minute walk to the Plaza. There are 16 rooms, each with unique and creative furnishings. The service is absolutely exceptional; all of the staff are gracious, warm, and eager to serve without being excessive or overly hovering. There is a definite personal touch among the staff that feels genuine. They also work well together as a team as well. The complimentary breakfast is very good with fresh fruit, eggs made to order, fresh muffins, etc. Our stay there was wonderful and I would highly recommend this hotel. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for one of the interior rooms. We were a family of 4 and stayed in the Inca Presidential Suite, with 2 rooms, a foyer, living area, and 2 story master bedroom. The only downside was that this suite is adjacent to a busy street and it was a bit noisy. Cuzco is a noisy city with lots of cars and drivers who honk constantly, so it's a good to be away from the street side.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are much quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am a Travel Agent in Dallas area and travel to Cusco having as tour operator Peru Vacation Tours and stay some nights at this hotel. The service could not be better, their personnel so friendly and above my expectations. My 3 year old son was having his milk or juice ready even before we asked for. They pay attention to every detail and are the warmest people that you can find in a hotel.
The location just perfect and every detail in the hotel is just pretty! I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody!

Room Tip: The hippie chic room is very quiet and the Golden Brown too.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife and I have just stayed here for the last three nights and it was a real treat! Upon our arrival we were greeted by very nice welcoming staff members and they promptly showed us to our room which was lovely. We did however upgrade as the room was just a bit small and we wanted this trip to be extra special as this has been my wife's dream location for some time. This was handled excellently and the suite we got was extra special.

The breakfast is very casual and there have a great selection of juices, pastries and fruit.

We were booked with Peru best tours and they were superb also as we were picked up at the door of the Hotel for all our excursions to the sacred valley and Machu Pichu(amazing and it does warrant the hype it gets).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 August 2012

After reading such great reviews on this hotel my husband and I were really looking forward to our stay. The hotel is not cheap and as a result we had high expectations. First with the positives: the staff in the hotel,particularly the two ladies who work on the reception desk during the day are very helpful and friendly. The hotel, although not situated in the main square of Cuzco, is well situated within a few minutes walk from it. The cental areas of the hotel are nice and have a lot of character. The negatives would be that I think the rooms themselves could be updated, the heating system is noisy, the towels are threadbare, the sheets are a little old and overall I found the bedrooms a little musty. The breakfast was lacking, and certainly not four star. Although I think that the hotel is very nice,I think it either needs to improve itself to four star standard or alternatively reduce its prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple