“Great, quiet place to stay in Cusco”

Yanantin Guest House
Ranked #87 of 165 Hotels in Cusco
San Jose, California, United States
“Great, quiet place to stay in Cusco”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Decided to stay here in Cusco after realizing that a party hostel was not the way to go when I needed to wake up early for my trek to Machu Picchu and loved the switch! Yanantin Guest House is a great little place, very quiet and about a 10 minute walk from Plaza de Armas. The ladies up fround were very helpful in getting me taxis, scheduling a laundry service, and holding my luggage while I was on my trek. Definitely recommend this place to other travelers!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently visited Cusco for a four week period to volunteer at a local hospital Yanantin was my home during this time and I had a great experience there! The rooms are spacious, comfortable and there is wifi with cable (even including HBO). Every morning I was greeted wth a friendly smile and a home-cooked breakfast. I would recommend this place highly. The location is good as well with a ~10 minute walk to get to the center of the city (Plaza de Armas).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Turner, Maine
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We were in Peru for 3 weeks, staying at a different hotel nearly every night. This place was, by far, the best. It was so good that we stayed for two nights. For the equivalent of $38 US per night, we got a beautiful, spacious room, with WiFi & a flat-screen TV w/ cable. There were windows on all sides, so, in the day-time, we could let tons of light and fresh air in. But the heavy curtains allowed us plenty of warmth and privacy at night. The room was well-stocked with toilet paper, shampoo, and soap; and it was cleaned thoroughly and promptly every morning; AND it had an ample supply of *actually* hot water, with good pressure. (All of these characteristics are rarities among the Peruvian lodgings we experienced in this price range). The staff was very friendly and eager to help us. They spoke good English and provided a great breakfast, with eggs and everything, (included in the price of the room). They even asked us, at night, what time we would want breakfast, and had our place-settings & bread ready for us when we got there.

The location is great. It's a close walk to pretty much anything; but it's on a very narrow, small, quiet street. --Much, much quieter than many other areas of Cusco.

I took many photos, because this place, though small, was very lovely. Unfortunately, my camera was lost in a market in Lima on my way out of Peru, and all of my photos are gone, so I cannot share them. It's worth seeing for yourself :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 27 February 2013

my room looked out over the street, which is a little alley that serves as a social gathering place for local kids who drink or hang on the park benches outside. The walls, like many hotels around here, are paper thin, so you can hear all the voices, laughter, barking dogs, plus any hotel guests walking through the open-air central area of the hotel. Staff was nice though, if a bit flustered --they asked me for my passport twice to photocopy, couldn't get the scanner to work, and made me pay in total the night before I checked out, they didn't have change for my $100 sol note. Still though, not bad for $42/night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was looking for an affordable hotel in Cusco to stay with my family. My husband's friend recommended this hote to usl. I saw the picture in their website and immediately fell in love with it. We stayed in this hotel for 4 days and had a great experience. lt is very affordable, the rooms are spacious and very clean. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, warm water, tv and heater in case you get too cold.

The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Cusco.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We arrived to the hotel via cab and loved how old/rustic it appeared. The staff were very helpful, and spoke enough English to accommodate our questions/needs. When we were in a rush to leave and on to our next destination, a staff member even was so kind as to haul our luggage bag 2-3 blocks away in the pouring rain and help us find a cab! My wife and I loved staying at the hotel and would recommend it to anyone: safe, quiet, clean, and affordable.

Room Tip: Let the water warm up for a while before jumping in!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chase K
Chicago
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The staff was unbelievable. After a crazy travel experience taking 25+ hours and losing my luggage we finally arrived at Yanantin Guest house where we were greeted with great smiles, light snacks, and some tea. Without knowing it, my friend and I were given a two room suite to stay in. The staff was unbelievable helping me locate my lost luggage. They even went to airport themselves to pick it up during our two day trip to Machu Piccu. It is one or two blocks away from being an ideal location, but that very slight inconvenience was worth it. Plus, taxis in Cusco cost basically nothing, so if you don't feel like walking you can treat yourself to a cab. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends