“Beware! A scam artist.”
Review of Magic Hands - CLOSED

Magic Hands
More attraction details
Owner description: Store with recessed windows and beautiful paintings and jewelry. The door is locked until you knock.
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I will cut to the chase - I'm deeply involved in spirituality, I was wandering around the beautiful San Blas square, saw the "magic" sign, got curious, knocked, this Jesus man opened the door with the same speech of "not opening to anyone" and from this moment on, I got the very exact same diagnosis as described in http://jvrichardsonjr.net/cultural/shaman.htm, with the very same tricks (it is as if I was writing that piece in the link, identical), and the 700 soles necklace. He was also smearing my spiritual teacher without knowing him or anything about him and then smearing all other shamans and curanderos in peru.

I'm well experienced with such spiritual con men (that's what a long time in India yields among other things) and I know how to notice the signs and the motives but I must say that this one is really a talented scam artist. I then got back to my hotel and googled him and was not surprised to read these accounts here.

Pitty that there are such people who exploit the naivity of others. I give you my word: he is a con man, don't buy his diagnosis and above all, don't buy his overpriced necklaces, they will not provide anything except of more indecent money to his pockets.

3  Thank Erezoni
There are newer reviews for Magic Hands

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I bought a beautiful piece here while in Cusco last year, recently lost it in the ocean and woudld like to try and replace it: does anybody have contact information for the owner/shaman/artist? Thank you,
Rachel

2  Thank rodhner
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We went there with my husband, were told the very same story as all the other ones here (I had an orange and green aura and my husband a yellow and light blue one - he offered to sell us the very same amulets as those described in the other reviews). I probably would have bought it -and would have regretted it after reading the reviews here. I was lucky to be with my husband who remained sceptical (as the man indicated when he started "analyzing" my husband - which is a very good trick). He also told us, with a meaningful smile- that everybody in Cuzco was a "shaman" but that he was a real healer with a "clinique" in Puerto Maldonado.
It is a pity as I wish that would have been a true and good experience...
I rated this place 3 because it is worth seeing the show...

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I went around 2004, he told me also that I was a condor (or if I remember a big bird), a butterfly, a macho man and a witch. He said also that he could only see 4 lives, but that I hade about 7-8 of them. He said that I needed to be grounded and not 'fly' everywhere. He said that I possibly had some healing power and that I should buy this necklace and do this ritual, and at the end I would be able to heal some people. Anways, I didn't buy it, because I felt that it was to good to be true. My friend on the other had gave in him and bought a necklace and she ended up missing money for the trip and I had to pay for her, we god in a good fight because of that hahaha! I really beleive in this stuff, but he is a con artist, and out there to get money obviously. BEWARE.

1  Thank etnobal
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Went into the shop earlier with my skeptical husband, he gave him the green/orange fire opal reading. We went back later, intrigued, and he gave me the amethyst reading with 8 past lives. We couldn't afford the pieces he suggested (and were too skeptical anyway), but ended up haggling with him, buying a beautifully crafted piece of jewellery for a low price, and then went to the hotel, having a giggle after googling his shop at the same stories being repeated word for word, including not allowing others with bad auras into the shop.

My husband's thoughts:
I left thinking he is a very good cold reader and was actually disappointed when I saw on google that he uses the same stories over and over.
I don't know if I'll call him a conman, (maybe) but definitely a showman, a quite colourful one and a good jewelry designer. If he preys on someone and overcharge them for a piece then yes, what goes around comes around. Then again, placebos can work. But just enjoy his act and appreciate the work for themselves. I know of artists who are more full of BS than him.

3  Thank Poefiepuff