Just book this hotel!! Hands down the best experience we had through South America and Peru!! Though we stayed here a year ago (May 2013), we remember it fondly and encourage anyone to book here.
Location: Admittedly, the Quinua Villa is a bit tough to find initially. Our taxi driver had some troubles there is only pedestrian streets access to the hotel. Because of the altitude and the uphill climb, I would discourage those with mobility issues from booking this hotel. This being said, a taxi can get within a couple minutes of the front door if you really don't want to walk! The main square is a easy 10 min (downhill/stairs) walk away, but there are plenty of restaurants and shops within 5.
Rooms: The hotel has a quaint cobblestoned central courtyard with rooms overlooking it. We stayed 1 night in Pakarina Wasi and 2 nights in Pukara Wasi. Both were splendid with a stylish Incan flare. Both dining rooms and kitchens were well equipped, copious sitting space, beds comfortable, and the spaces absolutely spotless. The differences were:
- Pakarina Wasi is a very comfortable space for 2, with a cave style interior. It was cozy and quiet despite being on the lowest floor (next to the main gates and small windows facing to the street). The internet was tempermental here. Had we not experienced Pukara, we would have been perfectly content with out stay.
- Pukara Wasi has a bed for two but big enough to have a dinner party! It is a standout because of the view. The upper floor of the apartment has a 180 degree view over Cusco, which complete lights up the night. The bathroom is more luxurious and even includes a small sauna. The lower floor alone (bedroom and bathroom) is easily bigger than a hotel room with windows to the courtyard. We felt completely at home here (in fact, we would have been happy to move right in)....
Service: The main desk is extremely helpful, there seemed to be someone there at all hours, happy to answer questions, call taxis and arrange tours. The breakfast alone warranted lots of photos. Plenty of food delivered right to your door, tailored to your requests, though hot food was limited to eggs if I remember correctly. Hot thermos full of water for tea at all times.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. The stay was superior to anything I could have imagined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quinua Villa Boutique is made up of four thematic boutique apartments, a courtyard and a viewpoint from which there is a breathtaking view of the historical center of the city. Original inca walls are present in the structure.All the apartments are equipped with a complete set of household equipment. The service includes an American breakfast served in the same apartment, the daily cleaning of the apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinua Villa Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinua Villa Boutique Hotel Cusco