“Very good”

Ranked #77 of 169 Hotels in Cusco
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is simple but confortable.
The staff is very nice.
The prices are good and benefit cost.
The location is very goog. Less than 10 minuts walking you are in placa de las armas.
The problems is just because the bilding doesnt have elevator and the tv is small

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 26 April 2014

They have a small group of staff here and all were extremely friendly, pleasant and always helpful. Not all spoke good english, but enough for you to get by, but I did have the advantage of my partner being peruvian so we had no problems with communication!

When we arrived, there was a strike in Cusco, our taxi driver (which we booked through the hotel before arriving, s/20) could only take us to about 5 minutes walk away from the hotel as the roads were closed, but he was in contact with the hotel and two staff from the hotel picked us up when we got off the taxi, took our bags and walked us to the hotel.

The staff do little things which make your stay that much better, like take your bags up to your room, make and bring mate de coco to your room if you like, even go to the restaurants nearby to see if they were still open when we wanted to go out for dinner nearby (during the strike only a few places were open).

Mate de coco is free whenever you want and the breakfast is good (always the same though, but good). Ask for the scrambled eggs – yum!

First room we got the wifi wasn't working well so we asked to be moved to another room with better wifi and just paid the difference. We got the room right above the front entrance. Wasn't too noisy and the room is nice and clean. Nice hot showers. Turn down service daily but they didn't change our sheets or towels for the week we were there.

Before our trip they did put us in touch with a lady you could book tours with, but I found her a bit complicated and we just walked around the Plaza de Armas, got quotes from a few different operators and bought tours there.

We booked through Booking.com (pay when you stay) and apparently the price was for cash, but my partner was able to have us pay by card for the same price.

I read a few reviews that the hotel is far from Plaza de Armas, but I don't think its that much out of the way. Only 10-15 minute walk or take a s/3 taxi ride if your not keen on walking!

Overall great experience, highly recommend, would stay here again.

Room Tip: We travelled during low season so we had a small heater to help with the cold. It worked fine for us...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I checked into this hotel after spending a few weeks in an uncomfortable AirBnB situation. I was immediately welcomed by Jose who showed me a room that was likely to be quieter (203). The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable.

The bathrooms are large with plenty of hot water - and there's even a long bathtub.

No, it's not right on the Plaza, but it's only about a 6 minute walk to the Historic Center.

The great things about the hotel: fantastic security (appreciated by this solo traveler); location is behind Avenida Sol so just about everything you could need is nearby. There are two laundries (fluff and fold) a block away, and the restaurant next door, Yola, is a great local hangout (I would only eat at Yola - I ate at the place that's to the right of Yola - when facing it - and I was horribly sick for over a week).

The staff at Kenamari works hard to make sure guests are comfortable. Most of the staff also speaks English, which is nice.

Really, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Oh, and they're in the process of installing an elevator which will make things even better.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 203 and 303 and felt they were quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tamara_in_Antigua
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

In my two nights, I did not have any complain and can say that was very clean and the owners were always there to offer their services. Not expensive and not far, it is near the post office and the Avenida el Sol where many atractions are. Good recommendation in Cusco.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel just three blocks from Central Cuscos tourist area were great. Always friendly and attentive to ensurey stay went smoothly.

From before check in they were helping with Airport transfers, tour bookings to Incan temples and to Macchu Pichu. Even having staff available for my early morning trek :)

The rooms are very clean and were great for my stay. I had a view of part of Cusco which was great to wake up to. Breakfast is fresh and was enough for me.

When i return i will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave W
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a pretty nice place, well located just 5 min walk from plaza de armas and other sites of cusco. The accommodation is very comfortable and cozy, as the people who work there.
You can book your trip to Machu pic chi from there as well avoiding to have problems if you book on the streets. Lots of restos and places to shop peruviAn stuff in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayward, California, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

As soon as we got in they gave us coca tea. The room was nice and cozy, and the staff downstairs were helpful and nice. The one issue is the difficulty of getting into the gate late at night. IIRC there's a button that can be pushed to alert the people inside to come open the gate for you, but it's not too easy to find. I was traveling with my sister so I didn't want to stay in a hostel as I normally would.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family