“Great b&b with a wonderful family”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of B&B Llaqtayay

B&B Llaqtayay
Ranked #128 of 340 Cusco B&B and Inns
“Great b&b with a wonderful family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here pre and post our macchu Picchu trek and loved it. Sonia is a wonderful host, she and her husband speak great English and their 3 children are just gorgeous. It's like coming home to a home every day.

The location is a bit out of the town centre but we really enjoyed the 20min walk, if you need it at night, Sonia can easily call you a taxi.

The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and there are plenty of blankets to keep warm. The showers are warm-hot, just takes a bit to get used to the temperature tweaking! Wifi is good, best signal downstairs. Tv in your room with multiple channels if needed.

Sonia gives you hot coca tea as soon as you arrive to help with altitude. She also offers a laundry service which was so helpful after the trek.

All in all - amazing. So lovely to stay with a family and hang out with the kids. Recommend it for a stay of a few days :)

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Our taxi had a hard time finding this place, as there is no sign, but it was so worth the trouble! Sonia is a wonderful hostess, and her family make you feel right at home. Our room (no number, it was named "Inki") was nice, and the shared shower fine. All in all, a great choice I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa O
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed there last year. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. There is cable TV and wireless hookup. The rate included breakfast. It is a great value for the money. The help, while I was there was invaluable. I got my tickets to Machu Picchu, online while I was there. I did enjoy my stay while there. Ralph M

Room Tip: The property is small, so you have limited selection. Book early. I stayed in two different rooms an...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had a wonder time at Cusco while staying at the B & B llaqtayay for 3 days the included breakfast and coca tea...A nice and quiet place to stay if you want to be away from the touristy area...Very warm and friendly host of worker while staying at the hostel...Every one of the family speaks English and Spanish which helps a lot when needing to get info about where to go on day trips and for setup of trips to machu picchu.....The spacious room has a wonderful window view at night and is very clean..Very happy to have gotten the value price and the wonderful service at the hostel....Continue with the top notch hospitality to your customer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Welcoming and friendly family atmosphere, wonderful help with any tourist information. Moderate prices and clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Instead of just staying in a hotel room with other tourists, you gain insight to the real life of a lovely local family, that help you taste the 'real flavor' of Peru. Although it's not right at the Plaza del Armas, but abt. 15min walk or 5 min taxi from it. Enjoy Your Travels: Anita & Noel

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Llaqtayay, Owner at B&B Llaqtayay, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
we really want to thank you for your comment on trip advisor , we really enjoyed as well of your stay with us in our house, you and Noel are a charming couple ,all the best in the future and we hope to see you soon !!!
Woodside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Three of us stayed here on a recent trip to Cusco and when we came back later and checked into a much more expensive and very highly rated hotel, my traveling companions complained that they wanted to go back here again.
The rooms were neat and clean, the hot water reliable and the hosts very, very helpful in planning our activities - all that with a price very easy on the pocketbook.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Llaqtayay, Owner at B&B Llaqtayay, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you Barbara for your very sincere words, comments like yours make us to really improve more and more in our service everyday, wishing you all the best and looking forward to see you in a very near future.

Sonia Jaimes
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have stayed at Casa Llaqtayay many times. My recent stay was the first time at their new location in Wanchaq. While I loved their previous location, I like this new location much better. It is a beautiful home, and everything is spacious. The living area and breakfast area on the first floor is large. The guest rooms are on the second and third floors. The rooms are larger, big picture windows with nice views, comfortable beds, nicely furnished with furniture, cable TV, WiFi, etc. I always had hot water.This neighborhood is residential, so it is extremely quiet at night! And it is a very safe neighborhood. Some rooms have private bath, others shared bath, your choice. I had a shared bath my last visit, it was right next to my room, and it was always immaculate.

I love the new location, as it is quieter. To go to the Plaza de Armas and the historic center, it is a pleasant 25 minute walk. Or it is easy to catch a taxi for about s/3-4 (less than $2.00 USD). Within a couple blocks is a large supermarket (Mega) and several good restaurants.

The best part about this family home is the family. Guests are made to feel a part of their family. They have years of experience in the hospitality industry and understand what service is. Joe and Sonia speak excellent english and love to help their guests with sightseeing ideas and suggestions. This is the best way to really see what Cusco has to offer.

Joe and Sonia now have three delightful children. The two oldest will practice their english with you and always greet you. Even with young children, the home was always immaculate.

I had a very early flight to catch leaving Cusco, so I was worried about getting a taxi that early. Not to worry, Sonia's brother Jose gladly offered to drive me to the airport himself.

If you want to really experience the beautiful culture of Peru, stay at this wonderful gem. You won't be disappointed and when you leave, you will have new friends in Cusco and warm memories of your visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family