“Simple and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 401 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Baltimore, Maryland
“Simple and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff went above and beyond the call of duty. Although the language barrier was evident between myself and the staff they always made sure we were comfortable. This is not the ritz carlton but it turned out to be a fantastic week for my wife and I.They held our luggage in a storage closet while we trekked the Inca trail for no cost which was a major benefit. This is a hidden gem a few blocks (5 mins walk) from the Plaza de Armas. Don't spend top dollar to stay on the square there is no need to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Drew165

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great helpful staff, shy beautiful smiles! Awesome location, within walking distance from most of the locations we visited. During the day it gets pretty warm in June in and around Cuzco. At night it was pretty chilly, we ended up having to get a heater just to keep ourselves warm at night!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roisin M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I went with my boyfriend, his brother and a friend for 4 days. The breakfast is basic: bread, any hot drink and a flesh juice, you can add a fried egg for a Sol. The Mate tea is free, I asked for teas even at 3am, I borrowed their hairdryer, the water was hot, the WiFi reception was great, there is cable TV, the cold wasn't that bad, we all slept just fine. I stayed a whole day in my room because I felt bad and they were very friendly and caring.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kiomi C
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here for two weeks for a volunteer project and was very comfortable. The room had two beds, lots of warm blankets for cold nights, a shower with hot water (most of the time), a TV, and wi-fi. Breakfast is simple bread and jam with fresh-squeezed orange juice but since that got old fast I just bought yogurts from a nearby grocery and kept them in the fridge. It's an easy 10-minute walk to town and there are a few basic restaurants close by if you don't want to go that far. The staff was very friendly (brush up on your Spanish though as no one speaks English) and quickly answered the door every time we buzzed in. Because there's a locked door to the street, it was very private and felt very safe. One of the staffers did an amazing job with my laundry for 15 soles. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was that you could hear explosions (i.e. celebration fireworks) at night as well as street dogs barking and fighting. However, that might be an issue everywhere. It was June, which is apparently a month full of celebrating in Cusco. Bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked about the same to me.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NewYorkGirlNewYork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed five nights at Killa Qente (2 before Manchu Pichu and 3 after) and we were very well looked after by the terrific staff. The breakfast is adequate but our spacious double room provided cable TV and hot water (something not guaranteed in Peru!) so we were more than happy. The room was cleaned each day and we felt very safe at the premises at all times. Great value for money. Would definitely stay here again if in Cusco.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The rooms were great. It was a little cold at night but they had space heaters at request for something like $2 per night. I think it would be a bit hard to find if we did not have a taxi driver. But we did so it was not a problem. Breakfast was simple but good. They were very kind to us. They checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes. I forgot my camera charging cable and they let us use a cable from their printer (same) to charge our camera.

We did not walk down town. A cab was supper cheap (I think 15 soles one way). But there are a few restaurants very close and the locals go there so the food is cheap and good. The chicken palace was great.

Private bath
Hot water
WiFi worked great...
Everything you need to survive.

Room Tip: We reserved the room in advance but since the hotel was empty we had a choice of rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PTwice
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

The staff here are so friendly and always happy to see you wether at breakfast (which is basically bread) or if you stumble back from the plaza in the early hours of the morning. I stayed here for a month or so due to the relationship they have with the volunteering company, I met a variety of eastern european and south american travellers and had some good fun. The rooms are cleaned daily to a good standard and I can't really find anything to complain about, the staff are most definitely the biggest asset to the place and I intent to return in a few months before my traveling time is at an end.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo