“absolutely terrible”

Ranked #249 of 404 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Olón, Guayas, Ecuador
“absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

the rooms were dirty, the staff was rude, and the final price was more than what we were told originally. do not stay here.both the hot water and the internet did not work, and the rooms smelt like mold.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sofia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

The rooms are small, the furniture is old, but the price is low. if you don't have anything valuable that can be stolen...
The personnel stole 140 usd from my backpack locked in my single room. I had the key with me. So only the personnel has a second key...
so at the end it wss a very expensive bad hostel.:(

• Stayed February 2013

Travellers are raving about these Cusco hotels

Ghent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed 6 nights in Chaski Hotel, just on the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. We checked a couple of hotels when arriving in Cusco and this one seemed to best the best price for value.

Rooms were big, but not that cosy. Location on the main square was nice, but bit noisy at night time.

We had a nice time here, however the last contact with the staff wasn't that great. When we were leaving for the airport they suddenly did'nt remember anymore about the price we agreed on and they tried to charge us full price. After some discussion we got the price we agreed upon the first day, but then they pretended like they did not have change, so we had to look on the street to change money to pay them...

Hotel is quite ok, but just make sure you check what you pay at the end... ;-)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was at Cusco and the next day I was going to the Valle Sagrado/Machu Picchu, and coming back to Cusco at night. As the hotel I was before the trip was too far from everything, we decided to make a reservation on a different one, closer to the plaza de armas, for the day we'd come back from Machu Picchu. So we ran into this one, because it has an excellent location, and the woman there guaranteed that there would be hot water. They told us to pay something in advice - at the time we had let almost all our money at the other hotel, so we paid only ten soles (it was our luck). When we got there the other day, at 11pm, tired and dirty from Machu Picchu, the surprise - there was no water at all after 8pm. So I would have to sleep all dirty. When I took off the cover of my bed, a COUPLE OF INSECTS were at my sheet. Disgusted and tired, I had to go out the streets and search for another hotel at 11pm in the night, and the streets were kind of desert because it was monday. We found another one and went back to get our stuff, and OF COURSE the woman there didn't gave me my money back, because "I couldn't show her the bugs". I don't know why I expected in the first place that people with courage to keep such an dirty place, smelly and with dirty covers in the bed, to be honest. I think they only have guests because of the people that, as I did, don't read the information about them in here because they found them walking around the plaza.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
samak
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

This place looks to be nice but really is very deceiving! for some reason the water shut off completely at night and when we did get water we didn't have any hot water. We had reserved a room for when we got back late one night from an excursion, but when we checked in was told it was already rented because we didn't pay in advance. Which we were never told to pay in advance in the begining. The tour guide (Edderson) is equally shady. He continued to try to over charge us for small excusions. And set us up at a moldy toxic smelling room in Agua Caleinte. I would never go to this place again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

This is definitely not a good place to stay in. They say lies and lies about the rooms. WE changed our hostel because their location was better and the price was 20 soles each but when we got there they said that the next day we had to move because it was already reserverd for somevody else. The next day it was December 31st and they had promised to help us finding a new hostel but the silly guy didn't do anything and we had to look for another hostel, fortunately we found one but the baths were so dirty that it wasn't a good idea either. In Chsqui they had also said that the 1st od January we could go back because the room was free so we took aour bags there and the lady said
" sorry the other uy has given the room to comebody else" and etc........ welll only lies and lies, they say things they can offer and the same happened to a couple from Italy. In another hostel which is from the same owner there had stolen some clothes so you may tihnk these hostels are not completely safe as they offer.
Don't take the risk!!!

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

I didn't spend the night in the hotel, but I found their staff to be the nicest people. They kept my luggage during the day for a reasonable price, so I could just take off and see Cuzco for the few hours I had available. It's not so easy to find a place that would keep your bags sound and safe around the Plaza.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends