“Outstanding and no soroche”

Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 19 July 2011

These folks are so attentive to detail, and so many great folks like Carmen, Hugo, Hector (to name a few) were exceptional in their service. I have been off the beaten pati in this town before but it was nice to have luxury. Service was excellent, so was the food! We will be back! Thanks for the tea leaves to help with the altitude-they are attentive to every comfort, even oxygen in the rooms (and you don't pay extra)!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed 2 nights last week after booking for 2 adults + 1 child. Checking in I'm told that there is an extra charge since the reservation was only for 2 people -- don't have my computer so can't double-check, but reservation was for 3. Talk to the manager the next morning who has me forward the email and promises refund but later in the day am told that child is <12 years and no refund. Since the 12 year definition wasn't part of either of the 2 earlier discussions or on the web site (or consistent with other luxury hotels we stayed in Peru!) I think they made up the policy to keep the $100 + 10% but what is one to do.

Was promised that they would bring an extra set of towels but didn't happen without a phone call. Same thing the next day.

And room was deathly hot and they claimed to have twice sent someone to adjust the temperature but no change.

Oh, and the toilet didn't flush when we first checked in.

But the hotel itself is gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank actonma
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at the Aranwa Resort in the Scared Valley of Peru. There we met the general manager Thomas Henesler. He found out about our travels to Cusco and suggested we stay here. He and his expert staff made our family feel like Royalty. The facility was superb in every way. The rooms, service and food was everything we could have hoped for. This hotel is one of the most special places we have ever visited!

Room Tip: Ask for ther Superior Rooms such as # 217
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This hotel is a beautiful restored colonial building and has everything you could wish for. It is in the right place - a short walk from Plaza des Aramas. Professional helpful staff, who speak excellent English - even the boy who serviced our room.. We were well looked after in the dining room by Hugo. The food was fantastic - the chef came out to discuss our meal with us. The rooms are excellent. Very well equipped (even an iron). Oxygen is piped into the rooms, to help you cope with the high altitude. We were there during Corpus Christ celebrations and one of the waiters rang a friend an organised a balcony for us watch the festivities. Absolutely superb. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

First, I telephoned the hotel the day before arriving to see if there were any activities or events happening in the city the day we arrived. I remembered seeing a post on their Facebook page about a parade, so wanted to know the times etc., to be sure not to miss the event. Front desk told me there was nothing going on, but their hotel restaurant would still have specials etc....huh?. Arrived in cusco to a seriously festive parade that passed right by the hotel, glad I didn't miss it.
When we arrived, hotel was beautiful, front desk staff never even smiled. Now mind you..I booked 2 suites for 2 nights, just thought I should get a smile and warm welcome regardless of what room we were in. There is one lady at the front desk that seemed to be in charge, what a shame as she clearly set the tone for other staff and no one ever smiled or seemed helpful. Asked about local restaurants that would be recommended for lunch, as we were traveling with a 2 year old and wanted something less fancy for lunch. Only told us that the restaurant there was good.
Our suite was nicely appointed, the vanity light did not work. Could not be fixed. Every time we used the tub, there was a very foul sewer smell that came from the bathroom.

The two highlights were, we had difficulty playing a DVD in our room ( regional code issue) the gentelman who came up to help us play the disk for our daughter was exceptionally helpful, offered to go buy us a Shrek DVD that he knew would work. He was awesome! The chef too was very nice and offered to make Mickey mouse pancakes for our daughter in the morning.

I wrote these similar comments down prior to leaving the hotel, and expressed my dissappointment with the front desk, even sat there to see if anyone would say anything about my comments. Front staff ( same lady) never addressed me. Will never spend my money at this hotel or any of their other hotels again. Tambo del inka I recommend in the sacret valley, and orient express here in cusco.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Oslagc
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The pros with this hotel are that it is absolutely beautiful. The restaurant, the bar, the rooms are all very well appointed. From the beautiful silver door to the glassed in plaza, it is amazing. The staff is relatively helpful, and are willing to provide restaurant recommendations and directions. The room that we reserved was a suite; however, when we arrived at the hotel expecting the suite that is seen on the pictures on the website, we were greated with double beds. I was told that I did not indicate that I wanted a suite with a king bed, but there is no such prompt on the website. If you order a suite, I would recommend indicating to the hotel that you would like a king bed instead of two doubles. The bathrooms are lovely, but the water has a horrible odor. I would stock up on bottled water. Finally, the rooms that have outside windows are increadibly noisy. The street that is adjacent to the hotel is pretty busy and all night long we heard horns and loud trucks, which made it very difficult to sleep. All and all, although the service was nice and the hotel is well appointed, I would probably shell out a few additional soles and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Butidontlikeit
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Rooms very well decorated. Bathrooms were amazing. Free wifi had decent speed. Only some rooms have external windows and balconies, most rooms have windows open onto the hallway facing the central courtyard, though this was not a major issue for us. Only minor problems were toilets which seemed to drain difficultly (a very, very small sign warned us not to flush down toilet paper) and the other issue was with the email reservations agent who wasn't the most helpful - much easier to book via their website than having to send multiple emails back and forth with them. But overall an excellent hotel and we will definitely stay there again when in Cusco

Room Tip: ask for room with balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple