“Great service and location”

Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 171 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 16 September 2011

A really warm and welcoming place, decorated in a wonderfully over-the-top mishmash of styles and very big on the chandeliers. Nice comfy room adjoining vast marble bathroom with heated floor. Attention to detail included a double-check on our early morning wake-up call and a generous 'breakfast in a backpack' to take on the train to Machu Picchu. Can recommend their laidback tapas bar and great location close to good shops and a short stroll to the main square.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boomer046
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 2 September 2011

An absolutely great hotel - definitely 5 star. The rooms were excellent as was the food. The decor and extensive art collection alon was wort the visit but the perhaps the thing I remember the most was the service and attention to detail given by the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank GDMAUS
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I really felt that this was an underrated gem. We were overwhelmed from the start. I would recommend calling them to set up an airport pickup - it really made it nice when we landed. They then asked us to relax with a cup of coca tea while they checked us in. It was a beautiful way to start our stay in Cusco. The rooms were gorgeous, the heated floors in the bathrooms and the baby alpaca rugs by the side of the beds - oh my! Heaven!!! In fact, because of this, two of my friends bought rugs to take home! We hired their driver to take us to Pisac and he was wonderful. Great side trip with plenty of stops - he stopped at an animal preserve where we were up close to condors, bobcats, alpacas & llamas. Having oxygen pumped in the room was nice, we took altitude pills so didn't have any issues. One caveat - we were 10 mins late to breakfast the one morning and so we had to pay instead of having it included, considering all we wanted was some bread - I thought they should have covered it. When we returned from Machu Picchu we stayed at another hotel and it was let down. Lucky for us we saw our driver, Gerrimo - and he helped us at the train station. I highly recommend this place on all levels!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank eviowa
Reviewed 22 August 2011

after our 4 day trek to machu picchu it was heaven to walk into aranwa! the hotel was beautiful, very clean, amazing bathrooms/showers, great breakfast in the morning and fabulous location. the only complaint was that it was a bit noisy in the morning, but once we let them know they took care of the problem as soon as possible.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marisa d
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. When we stayed there the hotel was only open for a month. The rooms had oxygen (which it's great because the air is very thin in Cusco) The room rate was a bit pricey but worth every penny. The service was excellent. it was close to the plaza, everything was at walking distance. I've never saw such beautiful place before. Cusco was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely go back and stay at the Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel. If you like hiking, exploring, and adventure. Cusco is the place to be. Besides watching the Inca Ruins there were so many other fun things to do.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Anabell O
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is a relatively new hotel whose owner has used it to showcase some of his extensive art collection. The decor is impressive and the rooms are very modern-looking, but they are not really comfortable, especially the bathrooms, which have ultra-modern showerheads that are tricky to control, despite the diagrams and instructions nearby. When I used the tub, it was difficult to shut off the water. Luckily, it didn't overflow onto the floor. The air conditioner/fan was also difficult to figure out. I just gave up as the temperature was okay.

When I checked in the second time after returning from Machu Picchu, the key I got was for a room that was already occupied. This was startling both to me and to the occupant! Eventually I got a key for the room I had been assigned, and my luggage was in there.
I enjoyed the coffee and tea maker.

The breakfast food was average; generally our hotels and restaurants were selected for good food, and this was below par for our tour. I noticed that there were very few people dining at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room farther away from the dining room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Aranwa Cusco is indeed a boutique hotel. It is quietly sophisticated and well positioned in Cusco. It lies in both a private location (which means you will not be pestered by the incessant street vendors) and very close to the center of the city (less than 5 minutes walk).
The building, a remodeled old mansion, is gorgeous. The restaurants are good and service overall was exemplary. Both the room and bathroom were at very high levels.
While we appreciated every moment we spent at Aranwa, we appreciated it even more later on, when we continues our trip to Brazil; whereas we spent much more per night, the Brazilian hotels were vastly inferior!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family